341 Pro-Se Done & I got drilled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Pro-Se Done & I got drilled!

While I have mostly lurked....I have to thank everyone here for the years and years of information available on the forum which gave me the courage to file pro-se. I had no choice...paying a lawyer would have had a significant impact on my finances, I was scared but I convinced myself that I could do it. I bought the NOLO book for filing chapter 7 and got to work...it took me around 30 hours to do the paperwork (I am anal and triple checked things). I almost wanted to give up.

Yesterday I had my 341 and watched many others go before me, they were short and sweet meetings. When it came to me, the trustee drilled me about 2 businesses I had previously started but never took off. In the end it all went without a hitch but she questioned me for about 10 minutes.

Being 100% open and honest and truthful is key. It also helped that every single document she requested of me by mail, I brought to the meeting (as she requested). She quickly looked though the docs and handed them back to me...it was about 70 pages of stuff (bank statements, pay stuff, tax returns).

Go forward and have courage...if I did it, so can you. Glad to be in the 60-day club.

Congratulations on making to the 60 day club! Anybody who has a business should expect questions from the trustee. It sounds like you were well prepared. Great job!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X