341 meeting tomorrow and no SSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting tomorrow and no SSC

My purse was stolen a while ago along with social security card. I was told by my lawyer that I need to just bring my W2 with social security number on there and ID. Is there anything else that anyone could think that I should bring?

You could also go to your nearest SS office and apply for a new one. They will give you a letter confirming your SS number. Surprised your paycheck would have number, mine used to have XXXX etc. Hope this helps.

Comment

A W-2 certainly has your social security number on it. Any correspondence from the IRS, and bearing your social security number in full, is also acceptable (this is what I used).

Your attorney should have a copy of everything that you filed. The key is to show up on time (before your schedule time allowing time to find parking and get to the meeting room and perhaps speak with your attorney before the meeting). The main thing is to be able to positively identify yourself and to confirm your social security number.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks I did find my replacement card finally and meeting is over.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X