Number of 341 meetings in one time slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of 341 meetings in one time slot

I checked the court calendar for our assigned trustee and scheduled date/time, and there are eight 341 meetings in our 30 minute time slot (actually there are 8 cases for each 30 minute slot that day). Is that pretty typical? Not that it changes or means anything for us either way - I was just curious. Also it is SO HARD to let go and trust our attorney to get everything done after obsessing over all of it myself for months.

It is typical that 341 schedules have multiple debtors in one time slot. You should get an individual session, mine lasted maybe 10 minutes at most. It was closed door in a small room. There maybe more than one attorney from the trustee's office doing the 341 meetings. On the day of my 341 there were at least two trustee attorneys in two separate rooms, plus an intake clerk.

Leave everything to your attorney and most importantly, follow your attorney's instruction on what to bring and what to answer/not answer during your 341. If your attorney has been doing BK cases long enough, he/she knows what to bring and what to do. That's what you paid your attorney to do.
    Last edited by switch625; 04-20-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Mine was done in an open court. One trustee and we were called up to a table. Your attorney will know but if you're representing yourself and it would make you feel better, you can go and observe your court.

Comment

Oh, and yes, there were multiple debtors scheduled for one block of time.

Comment

And, oops- just saw you do have an attorney. I'm on a boring phone meeting and was a little distracted

Comment

Our 341 meeting, chapter 7 no asset, lasted less than 5 minutes. Small open court room with maybe 10-15 debtors sitting around the perimeter, table in center. We sat at the table along with our atty & simply answered questions that verified the information on our petition. No trick questions or anything like that.

Comment

Thanks, y'all! I knew there would be other people there for the same time slot, but when I checked and saw 8 per 30 minutes I was surprised. That works out to ~3.5 minutes per case if they run on time.

Comment

Ours probably lasted about 15 minuets. That was April 2008. 'Hub's ex wife in 2012, had one that lasted about five minutes.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X