Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee Final Report meaning?

Hello,
    I live in California and my Chapter 7 asset case was filed in 2017 and discharged in 2018.
    The latest activity is from December 2019 saying...

"Chapter 7 Trustee's Final Account, Certification that the Estate has been Fully Administered and Application of Trustee to be Discharged filed on behalf of XXXX. The United States Trustee has reviewed the Final Account, Certification that the Estate has been Fully Administered and Application of Trustee to be Discharged. The United States Trustee does not object to the relief requested. Filed by United States Trustee. (united states trustee (pg)) (Entered: 12/18/2019)"

Is my case CLOSED?? Does this mean my assets she abandoned are safe?
    If not closed will I be notified when it is?.. and typically how long does that take after the final report is filed?

Thank you for any information you can give me

It should close within several days of the Clerk receiving that notification. You'd have to look at the final report to see what was administered.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hello thank you for your response.
      This was filed in December of 2019 and my case is still "Awaiting Closing" on Pacer. How long does this typically take? and will they send me something so I know the case has been closed?
      I would assume that the final report has got to be close to the end but I am scared until this is closed.

I have reviewed the final report. I am wondering, since the case is not officially closed, are the assets that she abandoned safe now? Am I safe from her asking for more... since she already distributed the assets she collected from me..?

Comment

Did you do your final (2nd) financial management course? Was that filed with your certificate?

The simplest thing to do, is call the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court's phone number and simply ask if there's something keeping the case from closing.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X