end of BK13 audit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of BK13 audit?

Hello quick question. Will the trustee audit my bank accounts and or interview me before discharging after my last payment has been made?
    I have 15 months to go. I'm saving up quite a bit of cash is why I'm asking. TIA

I have never heard of or been a part of a Chapter 13 "audit" which includes reviewing my bank accounts. I didn't have an interview either.

The audit that they perform is to make sure that all payments that were to be paid under the plan, are in fact paid. they also check on any returned checks and perform any reconciliation. In fact, most Chapter 13 Trustees will perform an audit annually to make sure the plan is still viable (feasible) and on target.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Good to know JB. I didn't even know the Trustee does an "Audit". The past 2+Years have been smooth sailing pretty much, can't wait till it's over! It's going to feel so good when I OWN my Truck! No more leasing/financing vehicles for a long while LOL! If I do, I'll make sure to put like 50% down & get a small APR rate.

Comment

Franco, the only wrinkle to your situation may be due to your tax returns; during the last couple of years of my Chapter 13 (which was Discharged this March), my income went up significantly and I was able to make some bank. While my Trustee didn't look at my bank accounts, he did take notice of A) a large tax return in my fourth year, of which he took all but $1,250, and B) when my income rose just over 9% in my fourth year (and about 15% in my fifth year, but he never saw that tax return as I didn't file until just after this year's Discharge). In the case of my income, given it was below the apparent 10% threshold, he didn't make any moves to relieve me of any of the excess, nor did he look at my bank accounts prior to Discharge.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X