This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 is a wrap! Tips for a successful 341

Well I have to say it was a RELIEVING feeling when I left the building. This whole process has been a breeze. I also had a simple case but none the less. I was worried and can say now I SHOULDN'T have been!

Here are my tips:

1. The Trustee will request docs about a month before your 341. HURRY AND RETURN THEM. You don't want a delay. That will only make you look bad and look bad in the eyes of the Trustee!

2. BE ON TIME! Dress business casual. First impressions are a must. Remember the Trustee has the power to ask as much or as little as he wants. Dressing professional shows him that you are taking this serous and also shows respect.

3. MANNERS! Be polite and professional when answering your questions.

Aside from that I got there a hour early and met with my Attorney about 30 minutes before it started. When we all went in I went second and was sworn in and seated. Then he asked me a series of about 5 general questions and said "You returned all of the documents I requested, Do you have any questions? (ME: No.) Well then your dismissed, Take care."

Now the part that I was freaked out about was WHEN WILL IT BE OVER! From my 341 I will have a discharge in about 60-70 days and my case will be OFFICIALLY closed once I send in a copy of my 2009 tax return. I assume he might want some of it but I'll have to wait and see.

From this day forward It'a all about a cash budget, living within my means and SAVING! If anyone has any questions I would be happy to assist since I used this site as a great resource to pick myself up and get some knowledge. I'm OFFICIALLY IN THE 60 DAY CLUB! :P THANKS EVERYONE! Also my attorney was GREAT. If anyone in AZ needs one I'd be glad to share his contact info.

Filed CH 7: 9/7/09
    341: 10/13/09
    Waiting for discharge!
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 12-20-2009, 08:13 AM. Reason: Making it easier to read before making it a sticky

yeah for you.

Comment

Woo-Hoo! Congrats!!!
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrats!
        Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
        "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Congratulations on your successful 341. Welcome to the 60 Day Club. A PM is following.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

WhoooHoooo!! Welcome to the 60 day club!!
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congrats!!!!
              My 341 is this upcoming wed so i am anxious to get that over with.

Comment

Yay!! Breathe easy and get some sleep. Congrats

Comment

hi so i have my 341 meeting on 12/29 in CA i'm sooooooo nervous about it, I hope it goes fast and don't ask me alot of questions..i just want this to be over with.. I need a new beginning..a breathe of fresh air..

Comment

Good luck

Make sure to get there half hour early so you could see other peoples procedures. Once I saw few other peoples meetings I wasn't even nervous anymore.

Take original of picture ID and Social Security card even Trustee's letter asked you to bring copies of it.

Comment

Thank you....

Comment

Good Morning....So i had my 341 meeting this morning at 10 a.m and i have to say it went very smooth, just a few question were asked like did you read, understand and sign your bankruptcy documents asked us for our I'D's and social security cards asked us to state our name and address, asked us when was the last time we used a credit card and why we were filing for BK and that was it, he gave us our tax returns back and said we were done. I was soooooooo nervous prior to our meeting and somewhat as we waited we got there an hour early because I wanted to see how it would be and the questions that they would ask the questions were limited and very simple questions.. I'm so excited, now i wonder what's next? I'm I now a member of the 60 day club? he didn't ask us for anything else...

Comment

Good job, yes you are in the 60 days club now. You will have to complete the post counseling with an accredited agency. I guess then wait for discharge. Good luck. My 341 meeting was on 12/23, but they haven't updated anything on pacer so far.

Comment

Awesome... I'm so excited...actually I already completed the post counseling..so now i just wait.. where do i look up to see when i'm clear? By the way i filed in CA

Filed Chapter 7 11/23/09
                            341 Meeting Set for 12/29/2009
                            341 Meeting went GREAT! patiently waiting for 03/01/10
                            Now officially on 60 day club

Comment

Can your Attorney or their office handle 13's? I have looking for a happy referral. Just received summons in Az.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X