341s on Google for all Eternity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341s on Google for all Eternity?

How long will this crap stay up on Google? No, I haven't filed yet but out of curiosity googled the name of a BK attorney. All his upcoming 341s come up! Names of all the people he's representing too. Is this the 21st C version of public flogging?? Dang! How long on Google!?? That'll go over well with all of my prospective employers.

Well, the list is probably hosted on the BK court website. Not all court's do this.

The thing is, the odds of the debtor's name coming up in a search like that are probably slim.

Comment

Personally I could care less what they publish and where. Life is short and its hard enough to just survive for another day. What is sad is that I suspect society purposely does this and also places this crap in the newspapers. Pretty soon ones entire medical record will be public. Why? because it will be deemed to be necessary by some public official that your medical records should be public or they will eventually get on google by some hacker. The line needs to be drawn somewhere and things that are hurtful like BK can be to people and the innocent little ones in the family should be left out of prying eyes. I can only wonder how many families have suffered shame and humiliation and even sadness because some unstable or borderline individual committed suicide over this stuff. I am sure ity has happened more times than you can imagine. Do what you haved to to survive and be well.

Comment

Whether your bankruptcy case will come up in a Google search is a function of whether or not your district's court posts their docket and decisions online. If for some reason, your case went to the bankruptcy judge, (an AP, or some other trial for example) then the judge's opinion in the case might put your case into a Google search. Some districts publish their dockets online which gets picked up by Google as well. If you use one of the free programs that check court results for you so that you do not have to pay the pacer fees, then those services often will index the searches and info and it will end up in Google as well. YMMV.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Well the 341 is a open hering, so anyone can it in and listen and watch.

My 341 was held in a room with everyone seated at one end, a large table on the other and everyone could hear and watch at your 341.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X