341 coming up soon and I am a wreck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 coming up soon and I am a wreck.

I am just really stressed out, I keep having doubts about everything that I do when it comes to the BK. I am so scared that the 341 will be rescheduled and I will have to pay more money out. If it is re-scheduled for some reason do we have to attend? I am freaking out because I misplaced one of the titles to a car after I gave a copy to our lawyer and I don't know if I will need it at the meeting since it is paid off and exempted.

Also if everything has been exempted can the trustee still go after it?

We are going to the Eastern District of Michigan for the meeting, any insight on the trustees there?

Okay.....deep breath......

Chill out. Everything will be ok. Let the lawyer do their job.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by bakergrl View Post
      I am just really stressed out, I keep having doubts about everything that I do when it comes to the BK. I am so scared that the 341 will be rescheduled and I will have to pay more money out. If it is re-scheduled for some reason do we have to attend? I am freaking out because I misplaced one of the titles to a car after I gave a copy to our lawyer and I don't know if I will need it at the meeting since it is paid off and exempted.

We are going to the Eastern District of Michigan for the meeting, any insight on the trustees there?

As "Frogger" said, chill out. You are taking this all to serious. (not that we didn't then). Do a search on 341's and you will be relieved.

Here is the major dangers: Dishonesty. If you have been right on, you have no problem. Transfers to relatives or friends. Payments to one account not evenly disbursed to other accounts (favored payments).

That is all. Just give your name, SS# and answer yes or no and you will be out of there in 5 to 15 minutes.

That being said, protect your health both physical and mental and stop your worry. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I too was worried because being over the median. In my 341 the UST even got involved, but answer truthfully, everything will just go smooth.
        This Forum is better than any lawyer I met.

Comment

I had my 341 last week, it was nothing. Don't worry.
          File Date Feb 1, 2010
          341 Mar 8, 2010
          Discharged and closed May 10, 2010
          Being very careful and wise with fresh start!......Living happily ever after since!

Comment

Originally posted by bakergrl View Post

The most terrifying part of your Eastern District of Michigan 341 journey is...parking! You have to pick from a meter, surface lot, or structure AND pay for it. Very scary stuff!

You shouldn't have doubts if you've been honest and you have a confident attorney. Most of us are nervous because BK is new to us. We tend to think we have complex cases. The truth, in the majority of cases, is that they aren't complex. Our attorneys know this and we eventually learn this. Good 'ole hindsight 20/20.

If your 341 is rescheduled (not likely), there is no additional cost to you. No worries.

Exempt is exempt. Trustees can't touch rightfully exempt items.

I brought a handful of paperwork with me to my 341. I didn't need anything other than my SS and driver's license. My attorney provided all necessary documents to the Trustee prior to the 341.

Here is a link from a fellow Michigander poster 341 inquiry that may be helpful:

Breathe. The 341, for most of us, is an anticlimactic step in the process.

Hang in there!
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Thank you for the replies.

There is a possibility of an ex spouse showing up because there is a CS order but it is current. If they show up to the court just to cause problems would they be removed from the meeting area?

Comment

No one will be allowed to make a scene at your meeting just because they feel like it. They do have security and policies for dealing with these things, and have dealt with them before.

Now, if an ex-spouse, or anyone for that matter, has a legal right to ask questions, they will be permitted to do so. That is also part of the trustee's job. But, sometimes ex's and creditors THINK they have the right to ask anything and everything. They do not. And, usually, the trustee will put an end to pointless shenanigans that are only perpetrated to embarrass you or humiliate you. In that event, the trustee is actually on your side.

Not because they like you, necessarily, but because those types of delays are wasting the trustee's time and messing up the schedule.

So, your concerns, while valid, are not something a trustee is likely to tolerate just for an ex's amusement.
                11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X