341 in Eastern PA today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in Eastern PA today

We had our 341 today, it went ok. We have to make some modifications to our plan due to a raise, plus a new expense. He questioned a couple of deductions, he didn't like the cell phone charges.
    I also need to submit our 2009 tax return which I had not filed yet.
    Not sure yet how much the changes will change our payments.
    I brought all the paperwork that they asked for and he didn't ask to see anything but our drivers license and proof of SS#
    file ch 13 1/11/10
    341 3/29/10
    Discharged 5/2015

If you don't mind me asking, what deductions did he question? What did'nt he like about your cell phone charges?

Comment

sure no problem....He thought the cell phone charges were high at $123, but my lawyer had it on line 37 and he didn't like it there. He said it had to be medically necessary. So I'm not sure if he can move it elsewhere. He questioned another deduction from my paycheck, but that was only for $15. He questioned car maintenance of $500 and wanted to know how many miles we drove each day. My husband drives about 23 round trip and I drive 20 each day so he did let that one go.
      He also questioned the medical expenses, which is mostly medicene.
      He really went through everything. He was very nice but a little intimidating.

It was interesting that so many people have said how the 341's are done in a big room out in the open. for Eastern PA, they were done in private offices with the door closed, so you couldn't hear any others. There were 2 other offices that people were conducting the 341's, but my luck, I did get the head trustee that I send the checks to.
      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

[QUOTE=jange;398411]sure no problem....He thought the cell phone charges were high at $123, but my lawyer had it on line 37 and he didn't like it there. He said it had to be medically necessary. So I'm not sure if he can move it elsewhere. He questioned another deduction from my paycheck, but that was only for $15. He questioned car maintenance of $500 and wanted to know how many miles we drove each day. My husband drives about 23 round trip and I drive 20 each day so he did let that one go.
        He also questioned the medical expenses, which is mostly medicene.
        He really went through everything. He was very nice but a little intimidating.

It was interesting that so many people have said how the 341's are done in a big room out in the open. for Eastern PA, they were done in private offices with the door closed, so you couldn't hear any others. There were 2 other offices that people were conducting the 341's, but my luck, I did get the head trustee that I send the checks to.[/QUOte

I'm filed in Eastern PA. I got my trustee name from Pacer, but no date for my 341 yet. I'm filing Chapter 13, my cell phones are a little higher i hope i don't get a hard time. I hope mine goes as easy. so your not told about your payment that day? I got my payment amount to pay for now from my Plan. How long before you know the plan being approved?

Comment

sign up for the national data center https://www.13datacenter.com/. It is free and the PA Trustee uses that to log your claims and also your payments. that way you can see when your payments are received. It will also tell you when your 341 meeting is. My lawyer needs to redo my numbers to include my raise and some of my bonus and I had to file my taxes. I am not sure if they want future tax returns ,but he wanted my 2009.
          I filed 1/11 and my 341 was not until 3/29. We are now rescheduled for 4/21. The wait appears to be the normal time before the 341. The website above will also give you your confirm date.
          You wll also get a letter from the trustee in the mail, gicving you the date and what you need to bring.
          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Since we are filing same area. What else did you need for your 341 meeting? I'm seeing stuff like proof of homeowners, car insurance etc. I don't want to miss anything. Right now I only got my trustee's name but no date as of today.

Comment

You will get a letter from the trustee and your lawyer of all the things you need to bring. I did bring proof of insurance, bank and 401K statements that included the filing date, the trustee didn't ask to see any of it. Only proof of id and ss#, then we walked through the paperwork that the attorney filed and he asked his questions. It probably took a 1/2 hour to walk through it all, the trustee was in no hurry.
              Take whatever they ask for, it is better not to need it. They will also give you a statement of your payments made so far, which you can see at the national data center. I just mailed my 3rd payment last week.
              Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Originally posted by jange View Post
                sure no problem....He thought the cell phone charges were high at $123, but my lawyer had it on line 37 and he didn't like it there. He said it had to be medically necessary.
                Your lawyer should fight with the Trustee. It (Line 37) really goes to health and welfare. Welfare can be income production. If you require the phones and/or spouse works and kids in school, that's a welfare reason. If you need the cellular phone for work, that's a welfare reason. Usually they don't complain if the number on that line is less than $100.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X