341 Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting

I just have to say that my 341 was last week. I was very nervous, as are most people, but it really wasn't anything to be nervous about. I arrived early to watch others go before me and get a handle of what type of questions and if anyone had any real issues. I was shocked at people wearing very casual clothing but that was about it. I thought you were supposed to be business casual for court but he what do I know? Lol

Overall the entire proceedings that I witnessed and my own were uneventful. The only thing that happened that was a "bump" in the road was the trustee wanted to see my Social Security card. I don't carry this on my person so I had to run home and drop it off to my attorney's office right away as the trustee wanted it faxed to him by my attorney before days end. That was it.

So just in case I suggest bringin your Social Security card. I don't know if this is standard requirement everywhere but if I didn't have it at home I would have been in bind!

60 Day club here I am!!!!

Never been so relieved about something in my life. this was even more nerve racking than the divorce proceedings I went through a few years ago!

Good for you,my meeting is tomorow and here by me SSN is standard requirement.I am little bit nervous but i hope that all goes well.

Comment

WOW I have my 341 exactly 2 weeks from today and I dont have a ss card. I lost that when I was a teenager and have never got a replacement. The courts website says "proof of ssn" but does not specify a ss card.
      -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
      -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
      -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
      -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

Getting going - I would make a trip to the Social Security office ASAP. I had my SS# on paystubs, my tax return and my W-2 and the judge would not accept any of those as "proof". Don't get me wrong, it could be different where you are and I had never heard of being asked for my SS card before the actual 341. My atty never mentioned it either. Just thought I would post it here to save others the hassle!

Comment

On my many many todos before I file: I need a social security card. I haven't had one for decades! (The number has always been good enough.) But I don't have paystubs since I'm self employed...
          12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
          8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
          9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

My attorney told me at my consultation meeting that I'd need my SS card. I don't carry it in my purse but can get it easily.
            Filed CH 13 5/28/10
            341 Hearing 6/23/10 & 8/23/10/Confirmed 9/21/2010 36 months
            DISCHARGED 9/12/13

Comment

The letter I received from the Trustee regarding my 341 said that if you don't have your social security card you can bring other evidence of your social security number. It listed paystubs or a tax return as examples of evidence, but it didn't seem to be limited to those items.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I was told by my lawyer that if we did not have our driver's license and social security cards, the trustee would reschedule our 341 meeting. It took 45 days to get to our meeting to begin with, so I'm not taking any chances.
                Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
                Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
                341 Done - Middle of May 2010
                Discharged - July 14, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by norcal View Post
                  I was told by my lawyer that if we did not have our driver's license and social security cards, the trustee would reschedule our 341 meeting. It took 45 days to get to our meeting to begin with, so I'm not taking any chances.
                  Same here in So. Ind. Our atty. took our driver's license and ss cards first thing and handed them to the Trustee. Without those, 341 would be rescheduled and the wait would be another 45 days.
                  Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
                  341- April 28, 2010;
                  Confirmed May 25, 2010;
                  $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

My lawyer filed a motion to accept tax returns as proof of SS #. No problem.

Comment

Haven't had a SS card for years. Just called my lawyer's office. They said that I could bring a W-2 as proof. (I'm in Northern VA.)
                      Filed: 4/30/2010; 341: 6/7/2010; Discharged: 8/11/2010; Closed: 8/16/2010

Comment

My Lawyer said a passport would be excepted as well.

Comment

Guess the trustee in my case was being difficult! He wouldn't accept anything but a SS card - he sent a person ahead of me directly to the SS office to get that cleared up. Hope the others will accept other 'proof"...or maybe its regional.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X