341 Asset Case??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Asset Case??

We had our 341 on Friday 5/28. Everything went soo easy guess I should not have streesed it like everyone says! A few couples went before us then it was our turn He simply asked us how long have we lived in the state, if we have made any purchases or payments to unsecured creditors over $600 in the last 3 months and then he said that we have approx 36,000 in student loans and that we do know that most of these debts will not be dischargable and that was it simple . . . so now my question arises . . . does that mean he may not be interested in our assests for not even mentioning them? Its not like we have allot but we have about 1500 in savings bonds and a trailer worth between 400-800 I'm just wondering if he would have been interested he would of said something am I right or do people still end up in an asset case without assests being mentioned at their 341?

Originally posted by tightgrip View Post
    We had our 341 on Friday 5/28. Everything went soo easy guess I should not have streesed it like everyone says! A few couples went before us then it was our turn He simply asked us how long have we lived in the state, if we have made any purchases or payments to unsecured creditors over $600 in the last 3 months and then he said that we have approx 36,000 in student loans and that we do know that most of these debts will not be dischargable and that was it simple . . . so now my question arises . . . does that mean he may not be interested in our assests for not even mentioning them? Its not like we have allot but we have about 1500 in savings bonds and a trailer worth between 400-800 I'm just wondering if he would have been interested he would of said something am I right or do people still end up in an asset case without assests being mentioned at their 341?
    It all depends..did you exempt the savings bonds and trailer?
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

What you have in assets is paultry. To market an 800 trailor would cost him time and trouble and if you had 15K that would be different. 1500 in bonds, until they are cash, I doubt he would be interested. I'm not really sure they are assets anyway. That would be a great question, but in any case you sure aren't an asset case. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X