341 on 6/9 in Riverside County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 on 6/9 in Riverside County

Anyone had a 341 meeting experience in Riverside?

341 over and done....arrived at court 10 minutes late, judge was just wrapping up the 8 am batch. There were 2 separate conference room with approximately 50 petitioners per room. Conferred with my lawyer minutes before the meeting.
    It was indeed uneventful.....( there's really no need to be nervous)
    My name got called, walked toward the long table with my lawyer by my side, then swore in, judge asked for my State ID and SS card.
    got the usual questions;
    1.Did u read your petition?
    2. did u sign the petition
    3. did u list all your debts? the the judge paused (longggg pause).......went over my debts... and said .."well it's only a couple hundred thousand".....the he continued for more questions
    4. how many percent of these debt did you incurred with this year? 5%? 10%? 30%?
    5. did you transfer or Sell assets in the last year?
    6. Then he reviewed my tax returns..(submitted previously by my lawyer)
    7. Asked if any creditors were present ( No creditors at all)
    then the judge said......"you're done"
    Walked out of the room with my lawyer. Thanks my lawyer...
    Left the court and had a big Breakfast at FARMER BOYS..

IF you are still having difficulty paying your debt and have no way out. Stop worrying and take action.
    Consult a BK lawyer and get it over with as soon as you can....Save your few remaining " BRAIN CELLS".
    Good luck to all.

My BK Lawyer in California.
    WINTERBOTHAM PARHAM TEEPLE

Comment

Thanks for the update Tra.

I attended my in-laws 341 in that court last November and will have my own there sometime in July. As I remember it, they had a straight forward under median case and we were out of there in under 3 minutes.

Glad to hear all went well and yes, the 341 meeting rooms were all packed wall-to-wall with filers the day we were their as well.

Good Luck,
      ST
      Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
      Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
      10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've got my 341 meeting scheduled next month. I'm comfortable about doing it as I know it will be the next step in getting my life back. I've got an info packet from my attorney listing some of the questions that may be asked at the 341 meeting. I will review it before the meeting. I also have a list of items my attorney's paralegal emailed me to bring to the meeting. Being prepared really builds confidence.

Comment

I'll be doing my 341 at the Riverside Courthouse next month....I'm actually looking forward to it.

Question: Were you all asked to submit bank statements? I called my Trustees office and they reviewed my file and told me they only needed to see tax returns.
          Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
          Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Comment

I submitted copies of the latest bank statements and 2009/2008 tax returns to my lawyer.....but to be sure I brought the following copies with me during the 341 meeting...
            1. 2008/2009 tax returns (copies)
            2. latest bank statements (copies)
            3. latest pay stubs (copies)

During my 341, the trustee usually asked other filers for copies of their last 2 years of tax returns.

I was never asked for any additional papers,,,,except for my Ca. ID and SS card.
            Good Luck

Comment

How your 341 Hearing will go really depends on your particular case and the facts of your case. Most cases are pretty routine and fast. In most instances you are asked a serious of similar questions. I attend many 341 hearings in Riverside and for the most part they are pretty routine. The trustee will ask questions such as: Did you list all of your creditors and assets, did you review the petition before signing it, is everything in the petition true and correct. Whether you will be asked for additional documents will depend on the facts of your case and your trustee. Meeting of Creditors
              deleted by moderator

Comment

Hey, for you Riverside folks, I'm trying to figure out how much time to take off of work. I called the Trustee's office today, but I couldn't reach anyone and there was an outgoing message explaining that if you have a question, you have to mail it.

My 341 is on Thursday @ 9am. Is it safe to say that I can be back at work around 11am?
                Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
                Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Comment

Originally posted by freedomnow7 View Post
                  Hey, for you Riverside folks, I'm trying to figure out how much time to take off of work. I called the Trustee's office today, but I couldn't reach anyone and there was an outgoing message explaining that if you have a question, you have to mail it.

My 341 is on Thursday @ 9am. Is it safe to say that I can be back at work around 11am?
                  I just left the Riverside court. I was scheduled for 11am; however they were running late with the 10am batch. I was 7th in line and made it to the table at about 11:30. Took me 10 minutes to get through it. I would think by 11am would be fine....they don't like to run too late.

There were many in the court that required interpreters so that took much longer to get through than expected, just an FYI.
                  Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
                  Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
                  10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

Bk chap 7 discharge..

FYI
                    Had my 341 on 06/09/2010....
                    Discharge date; 08/16/2010.
                    Received via snail mail: 08/19/2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X