341 yesterday- what I have learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 yesterday- what I have learned

I had my 341 yesterday, it was a breeze, and declared "no asset." And, I am about 16% above median income, I financed a 2006 Toyota a month before filing, and had $100 pet care and $130 cigarettes listed as expenses on my schedule J. My attorney ended up putting this on because they are real expenses, and otherwise it would have shown $230 as disposable monthly income. I was a wreck after my final meeting with my attorney, so worried I'd be forced into a 13 that I truly would not be able to afford.

Now I plan to quit smoking and put that $130 a month into savings, because I intend not to use unsecured credit for quite some time again, if ever!

Of course, it isn't over until it is discharged, but it seems pretty much over.

What I've learned is that, if you've got a relatively straightforward situation, pass the means test, and your DMI is low and expenses reasonable, you're probably going to be just fine!

This board has been so helpful to me in just putting it all out there and getting input from others going through the same thing. Thank you everyone for helping me through all the awful stuff, now being able to say- I'M IN THE 60 DAY CLUB!!!

Congrats!!!

I wonder if I could add my wine as an expense? Just kidding
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

What I've learned is that, if you've got a relatively straightforward situation, pass the means test, and your DMI is low and expenses reasonable, you're probably going to be just fine!
      i think that's the key!! and congrats!!!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X