top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experiences with 341's in the Minneapolis area? (Downtown)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experiences with 341's in the Minneapolis area? (Downtown)

I am filing in a week or so. I just got everything done- Worksheet, CC and such.

Now that I have all of that over with, I am looking forward to the 341 but super nervous to the point I am driving my husband nuts.

Any experiences?

Thanks in advance!
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Tyson

I was exactly in the same mood with you now a month earlier and even before that. I couldn't sleep and sometimes not even eat well. Laugh all you want but I called my lawyer 5, 6 times just because of that. In the end, it was very smooth and quick, quicker than waiting for the light to turn green at some traffic roads.

Let me sum it up quick in one big paragraph. At the time of my hearing, there were some construction in front of the building. This government building is the federal building on Third street, so don't mistake it with the State building on Sixth street. It's at the corner of 3rd and 5th. I didn't know that so it took me 15 minutes to walk between the 2 to find out which is the correct one. If you're filing ch 7 no asset, you'll probably have the same trustee as mine. If you want to know his name, PM me. Even though he's a lawyer, he's not a real hard a$$ like the one in St. Paul. I can't stretch how simple and easy and quick it is at the hearing. You should show up at least 10, 15 minutes so that your lawyer can get you prepared, get all of the required paperwork, and... calming you down. Since I gave ALL of my stuff to my lawyer, I didn't have to bring anything except my driver's license, my social security card, all bank statements and the most recent pay stub. The hearing room is on the 10th floor, I think the room is 1015 if I still remember correctly. Don't go to second or third floor, they'll send you to 10th. There will be many other filers as well. You will come in all in groups WITH the law firm and your lawyers. The room is quiet and everything will be recorded. When you come in, the trustee will be sitting there already and you all just sit anywhere you want in the room. The trustee will call your name, you come up siting in front of the table opposite him (your lawyer will be next to you), he'll ask you to raise your right hand and asks you between 5 to 10 questions, all of them you probably heard or knew before, like your name, your 4-digit SSN ending, did you file your income tax (he didn't ask me), have you read the petition, is all of the information correct, expecting any inheritance, etc. Everybody is the same, same routine questions, all 5 minutes or less. All you have to answer is Yes or No. At the end, he'll say "thank you, you're excused" and you're free to go. There was one couple the guy for some reason said no when the trustee ask him "is the last 4 numbers of your SS xxxx" I had to retain from laughing. For me the hard part was looking for the building. I parked in the state building to just found out that I had to walk to the federal building.

If your hearing is in the afternoon, especially after 2PM, you should get yourself some beefed up time, at least like an hour or so because the traffic is so bad thanks to the construction. It's always the pain in my arse. I hope by the time you go, the construction will ease up.

Good luck.
    Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Thank you so much! You eased my fear some. I just freak about every little thing. i guess this is the H*ll they call BK right? It's not the actual BK I don't think, its the way you go crazy before its discharged I sent you a PM for the name. Thanks again!
      Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
        Even though he's a lawyer, he's not a real hard a$$ like the one in St. Paul.
        The trustee in Saint Paul is a hard-a$$? How so? (I have to file in St. Paul)
        This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X