top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 meeting yesterday...good for me, not so good for some...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting yesterday...good for me, not so good for some...

I had my 341 meeting yesterday and it went well for me, not so well for some others! When I first stepped into the meeting room, it was packed with about 50 people waiting for their hearing, so I had to sit there about an hour and listen to everyone else's case before I was called. The first case, this older man was there for his 341 and had someone there who had filed a civil suit against him. To make a long story short, over a million dollars worth of annuities had been discovered during the 341...apparently the guy didn't disclose this on his bankruptcy financials and the lawyer was totally unaware of any of it. The trustee was pissed! He basically told the older man to shut up, this wasn't funny, and he had 14 days to get him every financial record from the past year, including all cancelled/cleared checks, all debit transactions, etc....The next lady was in her 80's and apparently she had cashed in a whole life insurance policy of $15000 and the trustee asked her what she did with that money. She danced around the question and finally said she paid some bills. The trustee said, PROVE IT... I turned to the lady beside me and asked "am i in the right room, this IS chapter 7 right?" The trustee must've been in a bad mood, b/c only 4 out of 50 people got out of the room with the standard 3questions, and I was one of them. People think they can lie about numbers and get away with it...but it catches up to them, then they are made to look like an idiot in court. DO NOT LIE ON YOUR PAPERWORK!! When it was my turn, the trustee asked me if i had received my notice from my lawyer and read over it, if i had any changes to my address or my job, and if I swore everything to be true. Then he asked my lawyer if he had any issues..my lawyer said, 'she passed the means test with no issues, i have all of her financials, and there are no assets in the case.' Then the trustee asked if I would stay current on my car and house payments, I said yes and that was it! I am so glad that is over with!

I don't mean to scare anyone with this post, as long as your paperwork you submitted is correct, and you don't try to hide anything from your attorney, you will be fine. Apparently the people I was in court with yesterday were a bunch of liars who got caught!

Glad it went smooth for you
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Glad it went well for you. I find it simply amazing the lies people will do. Here I sit combing through every single thing we have trying to make sure we are doing everything right so we don't have any problems, then I read about people doing stupid stuff like this, no wonder some of the trustees get so mad.
      Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
      DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

Glad you sailed through it

Comment

Congrats!
          Filed Aug 25 2010 - 341 Oct. 13 2010 Discharged!!!!!

Comment

Congrats to you! I can't believe people are hiding assets like that.
            Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X