November 10 - my 341 was today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 10 - my 341 was today!

First of all, I want to thank everyone here (and those I have PM'd also) for all your help. I admit I am a worry wart! I think the anticipation of the 341 hearing was worse than the actual questioning.

I'm a Chapter 7, no asset case. This was the Southern Dist. of Indiana Court in Indianapolis. I arrived an hour before my scheduled time and sat in on a few others - the trustee asked the same questions of everyone. There were 5 debtors scheduled for each 30 minute segment.

I thought for a second my attorney wasn't showing up. He arrived 2 minutes prior to my time slot....apologized there was some "breaking news" downtown and traffic was jammed up due to that. I noticed everyone else's attorneys also didn't arrive until 10 minutes until - and even later.

The trustee had an "attitude". She announced at the beginning of each 30 minute session that we all had to sign a paper to let her know our tax refund amount as she stated "I'm after all your tax refunds!". Ugh.

We were asked the usual questions (I think). Getting a year-end bonus? Getting an inheritance in the next 180 days? Still banking with the same bank? What made you file bankruptcy? And for everyone who bought a new car right before filing (I did!) - When you purchased your car, were you anticipating filing BK at that time? (since I knew she was going to ask me this, I consulted with my attorney in that 2 minutes prior to my session starting - what should I say? His answer - the truth, but that she was only upset with the ones who don't reaffirm. I am reaffirming my condo and my new car, the trustee asked me if I had insurance on them. She also asked everyone for a recent pay stub, I happened to have mine, but I was not told initially to bring it, I was told only to bring my drivers license and SS card.

I can't believe some attorneys were so unprepared that they had never provided 3 months of bank statements or 2 years of tax returns prior to the 341.

As far as dress code: Even some of the attorneys were kind of shabby. Most people wore jeans. The older people in their 70's wore dress slacks and tended to dress up a little more.

I was shocked at the age group of people filing. I expected to see people in their 20's and 30's as the majority. Nope. Maybe one or two in their 30's, the rest were age 50 on up, with several married couples in their 70's. I heard some of the cases of the people in their 70's and they had lost their retirement income that was in the stock market. That's very sad.

That's all I can think of. My attorney said the worst part is now over. I haven't slept well in over a week worrying about this day and now it's behind me!
    Last edited by BKDebby; 11-10-2010, 05:04 PM.

great info and detail on your 341!! i'm certain it will be helpful to many......and congrats upon your completion! you should shortly be the "famous" 60 day club!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Wow I read every one of the 341 reviews on here and that's the first time I've heard a trustee ask "What made you file BK"

I hope mine doesn't ask me that. I really don't have a good answer.

Congrats to you!
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
        Wow I read every one of the 341 reviews on here and that's the first time I've heard a trustee ask "What made you file BK"

Congrats to you!
        actually, freddy, now that i think about it so were we....why did you file for bk...we said job loss and illness....that was it.

yes you do!!! your broke???? and i'm certain from now until your 341 you can think of a good reason or two...
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
          Congrats to you!
          Thank you! I didn't want to tell her my reason for filing BK. I sheepishly said that mine was a combo of cc debt and a cut in pay...but I didn't have a chance to tell her my cc debt was not all due to frivolous spending....a lot of my medical bills & prescriptions, things going wrong with my condo, and a ton of car repairs was a lot of my cc debt.

Comment

Congrats! Now were both in the 60 day club. Hip Hip Hurray!
            Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se 10/05/2010
            341 Meeting 11/10/2010 ; I Survived!
            Discharged 1/11/2011 THANK GOD!!

Comment

Originally posted by BKDebby View Post
              Thank you! I didn't want to tell her my reason for filing BK. I sheepishly said that mine was a combo of cc debt and a cut in pay...but I didn't have a chance to tell her my cc debt was not all due to frivolous spending....a lot of my medical bills & prescriptions, things going wrong with my condo, and a ton of car repairs was a lot of my cc debt.
              great answer and quick thinking...and one that really who could question! better be careful BKDeb...people may want to take you along to their 341's !!

Comment

WTG BrokeJoke22!

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                  great answer and quick thinking...and one that really who could question! better be careful BKDeb...people may want to take you along to their 341's !!
                  I don't think my nerves could handle another one! I'm just starting to calm down now, and it's been 6 hours ago!

Comment

Congrats, BKDeb!
                    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congrats BKDebby!!! Welcome to Club de 60!
                      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by BKDebby View Post
                        I don't think my nerves could handle another one! I'm just starting to calm down now, and it's been 6 hours ago!
                        no....??? really come ON bkdeb...you know you'd just LOVE another one...

just kidding...i would NEVER want to even sit in another one again!!! i still don't think i've calmed down from mine and it was SSSSSSOOOOOO long ago!

Comment

Congrats on getting through it.

I am hoping to join the 60day club as well. Tomorrow is the big day.
                          Filed: 9/27/2010; 341 Scheduled: 11/12/10; Trustee Report of No Distribution 11/16/10; DISCHARGED 1/12/2011

Comment

Good luck, Stueban!

Comment

Excellent details!....and congrats on the good outcome....heres to better times!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X