341 meeting this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting this morning

I had my 341 this morning and was the third person up. Incidentally, I got to see one of the attorneys I had a job interview with (kind of embarrassing... but at least I've grown a beard. Probably didn't recognize me...).

The first debtor had a creditor show up -- a very angry, unsecured creditor, that apparently leased the first person a $120,000 piece of construction equipment that has since disappeared.

Everything went pretty smoothly. Asked all of the required questions and some discretionary ones. The discretionary questions were concerning my residency & my non-filing spouse's residency (we haven't lived here for 730 days), my non-filing spouse's employment & salary, my use of the marital adjustment, and health insurance costs on the means test.

Specifically, there was some confusion on the marital adjustment -- he thought the $1500 that I had put down was just solely my wife's student loans (which only add up to $600-something). He apparently just didn't read the "breakdown" box next to the number indicating it was student loans, credit cards, and tax withholding for my spouse. Once that was clarified, he was fine with it.

The health insurance question was also along the lines of confusion: he had asked if my wife got health coverage from work and thought that the cost I had put in the means test was her work health coverage. It was mine.

Finally, absolutely no questions about tax refunds for the 2010 tax year.
    Last edited by mb10240; 12-10-2010, 07:21 AM.
    Bazinga!

Funny you mention tax refund. I wasn't asked about that either, but I do see a lot of posts here about handing over their tax refunds to the trustee. I guess we're the lucky ones?
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Congrats on your 341 meeting. Out of curiousity did your meeting take place in the western district. I mayself filed ch 7, western district. Trustee was very intrusive w the question he asked all debtors. I.E. questions about taxes, property, and income from all soughts.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothdaddy View Post
        Congrats on your 341 meeting. Out of curiousity did your meeting take place in the western district. I mayself filed ch 7, western district. Trustee was very intrusive w the question he asked all debtors. I.E. questions about taxes, property, and income from all soughts.
        Yup, sure did... Western District, Springfield division. Since I was at the beginning of the docket, I really didn't get to see a whole lot of 341s with this trustee, but he didn't seem very intrusive at all. That could be a good thing or a very bad thing!
        Bazinga!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the experience, MrBrown. Hope the 60 flies by!
          There are two secrets for success in life:
          1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341.
            Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Good news everyone!

Report of no distribution issued as of this morning, December 14th! Got a question for everybody, though... the report of no distribution says that the amount to be discharged is close to $130,000 -- an amount that includes my student loans, which will obviously not be discharged (nor am I pushing for their discharge). Is it normal for a report of no distribution to include nondischargeable debt?

edit: going back and reading the rule, it looks as though this is normal. They just take the amount from the schedules.
              Last edited by mb10240; 12-14-2010, 07:42 AM.
              Bazinga!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X