341 Tuesday afternoon in MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Tuesday afternoon in MD

Countdown continues....wish me luck....it's right down the street from my job (literally, just 4 blocks away). I am not overly worried...yet. And I think that's just because I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon first (a second interview), and I really want this job, but it's going to take 2.5-3 hours for the interview as they are going to do some testing.

That is occupying the anxiety center of my brain pretty good right now. I am sure once that's over, the 341 meeting will just scoot right in there and fill that space. No activity on Pace since the 3rd though, and no additional documents requested.

Lord, just get me through the next 48 hours!
    Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Good Luck!!!
    Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
    DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

I hope both the job interview and the 341 go smoothly!
      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
      New Job 7-2011

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck, BK Looker!
          Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Wishing you best of luck on both..

Comment

Job interview went well. I won't know if I got it until the new year they said, as they are still reviewing candidates until then, but it went a lot better than i anticipated or played it out in my head....oy I am such a worry wart.

Ok, 341 tomorrow afternoon. I am going early to watch others and record my findings, and will report how it all goes after tomorrow. Can't wait to be in the 60 day club! It's just around the corner now....at least I hope! Come on, Santa.....make my freakin year!
              Ch7 no asset Filed 11/23 341 12/21 discharged: 2/22/11 I am soooo totally not a lawyer, but i wish i had married one! Does that count for anything?

Comment

Good luck, looker!
                There are two secrets for success in life:
                1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

BK, I've got a feeling that Tuesday's gonna be a good day.
                  Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Leaving work at noon to go workout (and calm my nerves), then heading down the street to the courthouse where it is. Despite being medicated, i didn't sleep well last night. All kinds of shaky while heading into work this morning....my mind tells me this will be quick and painless...my heart is just anxious as f*ck!

I have my SS card and drivers license with me. The only thing I am missing is my certficate of completion of the second half of my BK course, which i finished last night (it's an online class), but they said they should have it to me by noon today via email, so i'll be stopping back here at the office to print it out before i head to court.

Updated: they just emailed it to me...so no need to stop back here to print.....God this is sooo stressful! One good thing..i have a happy hour afterwards tonight

Comment

It's going to be soooooo good when you get this silly meeting behind you! Keep us posted because we're watching your thread for updates!

Comment

I hope everything went well for you today!!! Just wondering which district you had your meeting at? When we have our 341 it will be in Baltimore.

Comment

Ok, BK...it is well past happy hour....how'd the 341 go?!
                          Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                          New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
                            Ok, BK...it is well past happy hour....how'd the 341 go?!
                            Yeah. BK must be reeeeeeeaaaallllyyyy happy by now.

Comment

Sorry for my delayed posting….it’s been a busy couple days, on top of the fact that I am sick with a nasty head cold.

My 341 went fine (yes, it was in Baltimore, as someone asked)….my lawyer got stuck in traffic on the way from a deposition in another courthouse in a county about 30 miles away due to the holiday traffic crunch. I had watched about 10 other cases before me (which I will document in another post), both between her and another trustee in an adjoining room. From that, I knew it wasn’t anything to worry about, so when she said I had the right to go forward without my attorney present, I said that’s fine.

However, the trustee was a REALLY really nice lady...super super sweet….she called my lawyer’s firm and asked how long he would be. When they called her back, he said he was totally stuck in traffic and would be about 30 minutes. She said I was her last case of the day and she couldn’t wait that long…..so my paralegal went and got the other head attorney at the firm to ‘sit in’ with me via cell phone (the trustee said this was perfectly fine). I was very happy to have her….the other trustee I witnessed was a real dick by comparison…again, I will write about my case observations in another post tomorrow afternoon.

She asked a series of routine questions….confirmed my licenses and ss card after swearing me in, asked about my car and I noted it was paid off, which she said was great. She asked about my home, and how far behind I was on it. I told her I was behind due to having to pay off my lawyer so I could file. She asked if I understood that stay & pay meant that I was breaking my obligation on the home, but must stay current to avoid foreclosure, and I said yes. She then asked some more routine questions…any employment changes, inheritance money coming, etc. Finally, she asked about my 6K tax refund that’s coming for next year and if I was expecting the same this year, to which I said yes, maybe slightly, lower, like 5K. She said my file shows I have plenty of room to exempt it and noted to my lawyer over the phone that she wants him to update my schedules to do just that…protect it (again, very sweet lady, my trustee was ). My lawyer’s office said they would do so within 48 hours (and they are, I am meeting with them tomorrow afternoon to sign the updated schedules and pay the fee...they agreed to waive their portion of the fee because of my lawyer not being yesterday there so i would just have to pay the $26 court cost).

She then took a quick glance over notes she made on my file, and said “ok, I don’t think I have any specific questions. Once you refile the updates to exempt your refund, I will enter a notice of no distribution. It will likely be before Christmas, so long as you get it filed by the end of Thursday, and if not then first thing next week”. That was it….

The lender did file a notice of relief of stay with the court, which I got in the mail today. I plan to talk about it with my lawyer tomorrow.
                              Glad that’s over (or mostly will be before Christmas, I should say).

And yes, happy hour was VERY happy….I got smashed and had a friend drive me home (some guys we met at the bar started buying us drinks)….my friend sent me a text this morning that said ‘Emma and I both agree…NO more shots on weeknights”. Woke up with a hangover AND a nasty sore throat…guess I deserved that for being stupid, lol.

I am a little worried about the relief of stay, just because I need to stretch out my time in this house a while to save up some cash before moving. I only stopped paying in November, so I am surprised they are moving so fast….but my lawyer says he will do anything he can to help me stay here rent free as long as possible. I've been helping my sister out, as she has 3 kids and a husband, and zero job between the two of them (my idiot brother in law is allergic to maintaining employment and so is she, despite having 5 mouths to feed), so money is tight until next week. I have to respond to the relief of stay by Jan. 6th, hearing date set for Jan. 20th. I had a nice long crybaby session in the car once i left the 341. I managed to hold myself together very well before the meeting and during thanks to my good friend Xanax, but once i got to the car, i just had to let it out.

The good news is with me being able to keep my tax refund, if I can just stay her through March I should be fine I think as far as having a safe cushion for emergencies and moving expenses. My only worry is hopefully being able to afford to pay my lawyer to help me fight the foreclosure long enough, but he has been really flexible with payments and said he can put me on a payment plan.

Thanks for all your support and sweet notes! It's really made me feel a lot better about all this and like I am not alone out here.

Updated (1:00am) : I checked PACER just now...looks like she already entered her report of no distribution! I am really in the 60 day club now! I am crying, I am so happy! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!
                              Last edited by BKlooker; 12-22-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X