341 meeting florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting florida

Now that we paid our attorney and waiting for him to file (should be this week) , Im looking for advice for the 341. Things to do and not do up until that point.
    We where thinking of making a day trip to another city in our state to spend the day on the beach and eat lunch, would this be ok? We would not be spending the night but would have to pay for gas and food.

What are some typical things the trustee will ask you? Also i saw in the florida forum that they will be asking for appraisals on cars and Jewelry starting in Jan. Is this true?

Your day trip will be fine. Just use cash. As far as the appraisals, that is new news to me. I will check on it.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

We had our 341 last month in Middle District Florida. It was about 3 or 4 easy questions and done. Less than 5 minutes. No appraisals, no grilling, and only needed our driver's licenses and SS cards.
      Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

The only thing my attorney told me was we would need to have my husband's car (that is paid for and older) apprasied by someone like carmax because we will be over the exemption limit and probably have to pay some of it back to the trustee.

Good Luck!
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Hey Freddy have you filed and if so when is your 341 meeting? Mine is today in MI like the OP also. I know you were trying to file around the same time I was.
          Filed:11/2010
          341 Meeting:1/5/2011
          Discharge:3/2011

Comment

Originally posted by MeLLE159 View Post
            Hey Freddy have you filed and if so when is your 341 meeting? Mine is today in MI like the OP also. I know you were trying to file around the same time I was.
            Nope haven't filed yet

I'm behind in my property taxes so I need my tax refund to pay those so my attorney suggested I wait to after I have filed 2010 taxes and spent the refund to pay the taxes due in March. I'm hoping to file Mid March.

Good Luck at your 341 today!!
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
              Nope haven't filed yet

I'm behind in my property taxes so I need my tax refund to pay those so my attorney suggested I wait to after I have filed 2010 taxes and spent the refund to pay the taxes due in March. I'm hoping to file Mid March.

Good Luck at your 341 today!!
              Freddie, you've been 'round long enough to know about the 341. 'Piece of cake'. Unless your forms are ambiguous are you are an asset case, it will take about five minutes. Look professional, neat clothes, answer 'yes sir', 'no sir', and look like you are prepared. Trustee's love that.

About the car, get a Kelly Blue Book approximate value and take pictures. Or, have a used car dealership give you an appraisal on paper.

My best wish for you my friend. As many here will say, you will do just fine. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                Freddie, you've been 'round long enough to know about the 341. 'Piece of cake'. Unless your forms are ambiguous are you are an asset case, it will take about five minutes. Look professional, neat clothes, answer 'yes sir', 'no sir', and look like you are prepared. Trustee's love that.

About the car, get a Kelly Blue Book approximate value and take pictures. Or, have a used car dealership give you an appraisal on paper.

My best wish for you my friend. As many here will say, you will do just fine. 'Hub
                Thanks! I have read every single 341 meeting post and I believe 98% are a piece of cake So I'm not too worried about it....LoL (I say that now but when my time comes I'm sure I'll be a posting maniac)

Quick question (sorry OP) - if I do have to pay the difference for dh's car does that make me an asset case?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                  Thanks! I have read every single 341 meeting post and I believe 98% are a piece of cake So I'm not too worried about it....LoL (I say that now but when my time comes I'm sure I'll be a posting maniac)

Quick question (sorry OP) - if I do have to pay the difference for dh's car does that make me an asset case?
                  Yes it does Freddie. We had 5,000 over and the Trustee gave us 12 payments no interest for one year. We were discharged however to disburse that asset (and another one) took us a year before close. You will get your discharge first then close after all funds are disbursed. Check my sig as to a time line. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X