341 Tomorrow - Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Tomorrow - Detroit

Well tomorrow is 341 part 3 – my trustee is making me return with my car title, 401K statement and paychecks showing the refund of my garnishment. She really doesn’t like pro se filers, as filer need to give her his title but because he had a lawyer she said “go ahead and mail it” and sent him on his way.

On top of it off it’s currently snowing and they are forecasting 2-6 inches tonight plus the court house is kitty-corner to COBO Center where it’s day 1 of industry days for the Detroit Auto Show so the covered parking I use which is directly across from the courthouse will be full early. Funny – due to my job I get access to those tickets and for years I have toured the show before it opens to the public for free but I can’t do it this year due to this meeting being at 4:00.

I feel like I can’t seem to catch a break – I am afraid she will question what I plan to do with the car – it’s not worth affirming, I am currently trying get caught up with past due payments and just keep paying till I get discharged (if that even happens ) and try for a better model.

I feel so discouraged; I have made so many mistakes that I question everything I did, and I am so afraid that she just throw everything back in my face saying just go away and never come back.

The only bright spot is because it’s so late in the day there is only one or two of us left so if she stamps me off as dismissed due to stupidity there wouldn’t be anyone there to witness it.

Wish me luck – I need it
    Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Well...good luck! I hope things go better than you are expecting!
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Comment

Best wishes today.

Comment

Back from 341 - Detroit

Well I done with my 341 but some of her comments make me believe I might still have some trouble ahead.

She really doesn’t like pro se filers, and she had total of 16 continuations on her schedule for today, she is tough. Even though I was second up on the list, she called anyone with a lawyer first, even allowing people who were waiting for either their lawyer or a lawyer who was waiting for their client to go ahead of me.

She asked me a lot about who helped me file, who helped me file my amendments, which is why I will be asking a couple of questions this weekend about schedules B & C she said I did them wrong – so that makes me nervous.

Asked why I filed for BK (sole financial support of two children), who I worked for, if I transfer assets in the last couple of years (I did a quick claim during my divorce) if any one owed me money, I hesitated a split second and she replied beside unpaid child support. She wanted to see my title, but didn’t ask to see the other paperwork she asked for last week (401K statement, garnishment release) so I didn’t remind her She then replied I have no future questions.

So I believe I am done but am worried about my two schedules – she said I have my 401K on schedule C but not on schedule B.

Little story of what she is like...

While I was waiting she called a woman on continuation (missing paperwork):
        Debtor swore in…
        Trustee: “When did you file your taxes?”
        Debtor: “January 10”
        Trustee: “Look me directly in the eye… do you know who Kwame Kilpatrick is?”
        Debtor: “yes”
        Trustee: “Do you know where he is today?”
        Debtor: “jail”
        Trustee: “Do you know why he’s there? Because he lied under oath”
        Trustee: “When did you file your taxes?”

So I am still a little in shock that I don’t have to come back, what is the next step?
        Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

that's a crazy story! i'm glad that wasn't you. next step...check PACER to check your status...hopefully the trustee's report is already out there. ours was there the next morning.

Comment

Wow, from the sound of this I'm glad my 341 was in Ann Arbor.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X