341 this afternoon - 01/12/11 - Western WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 this afternoon - 01/12/11 - Western WA

I am wide awake LOL and have been for hours. Just going through my papers & petition one (or twelve!!) more time(s).

We are in the 1 pm session but plan to be there for some of the 11 am session so we can get a feel for the Trustee and then go grab a coffee before meeting our attorney at 12:30.

Trust me, I will post our results and give ya the scooby on all that we are able to observe as soon as we get home! Any spare good mojo, karma, prayers, finger crossing, etc. will be very welcome!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

I've definitely got my fingers crossed for ya and hope you have a very successful 341!!!

Best of luck!!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

Here's hoping for a speedy 341 for you, ValleYum!
      Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Valle!!!! BEST of luck to you!!! i know it will go perfect!!!!

can't wait to hear what happens!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Good luck to you! I bet you will do fine.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Sending good vibes!

Comment

Wishing you the best and sending you positive mojo. I am in western washington too so I am really interested to see how it goes.

Comment

You'll do fine - fingers crossed for 'ya!
                Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                New Job 7-2011

Comment

Wishing you the best and waiting on the scooby.
                  There are two secrets for success in life:
                  1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

ACKKKKK.... I fell down and i CAN'T get up. CUZZZZZZ I have everything crossed.
                    You'll do great!!!
                    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Good Luck!!!
                      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Will be sending good vibes your way. I bet it will go great. Ours did and were were there just yesterday. ( Western Washington)

Looking forward to reading the results later.
                        + Filed 12/06/10 + 341 1/11/11 + Discharge set 3/14/11 We can't go back and make a brand new start, We can start now and make a brand new ending" "People who don't have Control of their cash flow make people who do rich."

Comment

Wishing you a smooth 341, looking at the clock and seeing that it's about coffee time! Soon you'll be back reporting nothing but good things
                          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

I feel like it went SUPER!!!! WooHoo!!!!!

Group of 12 cases - so our meeting room was pretty full. We all became good friends while taking our belts and shoes off in the tiny vestibule of the Federal Building here. It was a bonding experience.

Hubby and I were the first in the room.

Trustee was chatting with another attorney - we overhead mention of a couple of "very interesting" cases for the hour. My heart went through the floor but I also whispered to hubby that it could be interesting to watch just as long as it wasn't us.

When the hour was just about to get underway - he called out to the 2 attorneys (for the "longer cases") and told them they'd be going last. He said he was going to do the easy ones first and they should take 3-5 minutes each. Then he had a few others that would be a minute or 2 longer and then they would have all the time they needed to handle their detailed cases and any questions.

First person called was a single woman (early to mid 60s). She had an attorney.
                            She handed her ID to the Trustee, then was sworn in.
                            She was asked to state her name and address for the record.
                            She was asked if she had read the Trustee's handout.
                            She was asked if the info she had provided for her petition was true and accurate at that time.
                            She was asked if it was still true and accurate today.
                            Asked if she had given money in the past year to a family member.
                            Asked if she had given property in the past 2 years to anyone.
                            Had she previously filed for BK.
                            Did she expect any inheritances.
                            Did anyone owe her any money (other than Joe Blow whose BK will be discharged in 2 days)
                            Asked if she provided Domestic Support to anyone.
                            What she was going to do regarding real estate in 2 Oregon towns. (one going to son and she was keeping the other - he asked if she was current on the payments on the property she was keeping).
                            Trustee asked if there were any creditors here for this case. No one was there for her.
                            Trustee then said "I am going to declare this a No-Asset case. You are free to go".
                            We heard her say once she got out into the hall to her attorney - "That was all??"

Next was a young married couple (early 30's). They were represented by our attorney.
                            They handed their IDs to the Trustee, then were sworn in.
                            He asked them to state their names for the record and for only one of them to provide their address for the record.
                            They were asked if they had read the Trustee's handout.
                            They were asked if the info they had provided for their petition was true and accurate at that time.
                            They were asked if it was still true and accurate today.
                            Asked if they had given money in the past year to a family member.
                            Asked if they had given property in the past 2 years to anyone.
                            Had they previously filed for BK.
                            Did they expect any inheritances.
                            Did anyone owe them any money.
                            Asked if they provided Domestic Support to anyone.
                            What they were going to do regarding home. (they said keep it - trustee asked if they were current on the house payments).
                            When did they purchase Vehicle 1? When did they purchase Vehicle 2?
                            Trustee asked if there were any creditors here for this case. Their vehicles' notes were held by a local CREDIT UNION. So they had their reaffirmation papers for them and had separated it away from their CC they were BK-ing)
                            Trustee then said "I am going to declare this a No-Asset case. You are free to go".

THEN IT WAS OUR TURN....
                            Married couple (late 40's). We were represented by our attorney.
                            We handed our IDs to the Trustee, then we were sworn in.
                            He asked us to state our names for the record and for one of us to provide their address for the record.
                            We were asked if we had read the Trustee's handout.
                            We were asked if the info we had provided for our petition was true and accurate at that time.
                            We were asked if it was still true and accurate today.
                            Asked if we had given money in the past year to a family member.
                            Asked if we had given property in the past 2 years to anyone.
                            Had we previously filed for BK.
                            Did we expect any inheritances.
                            Did anyone owe us any money.
                            Asked if we provided Domestic Support to anyone. (Yes - attorney had the form there for Trustee - I had the form too!)
                            What we were going to do regarding home. (We said we're midst of attempting to get a modification from Chase - trustee said that if this was not going well during the next 60 days that I could contact my attorney and that they would arrange a short sale contract for us so that our credit 'wouldn't be dinged twice'. We were NOT asked if we were current on the house payments - we aren't - we missed 3 payments so Chase would offer a modification and as of today are 4 behind).
                            When did we purchase Vehicle 1? When did we purchase Vehicle 2?
                            Trustee asked if there were any creditors here for this case. NONE!!
                            Trustee then said "I am going to declare this a No-Asset case. Remember to get in touch with your attorney so he can get with me (in the next 60 days) if you want us to short sale your home. You are free to go".

Sorry it took me so long to post - we stopped at our favorite teriyaki place for a late lunch early dinner - came home cracked open a bottle of wine (Reisling pairs nicely with the chicken teriyaki). Apparently after lunch, I fell asleep in my chair and only woke up when my mom called to see how things went. LOL

ETA: Not one question about the utilities ($700 worth) I had charged in September.

Not one question about our Means Test or Schedule I or J. We were over Median income.

Now to just sweat it out until Monday, 1/24, to make sure we don't have a UST objection to our means test or Schedule I or J.

I went in there knowing I was well prepared. I walked out weighing at least 2 tons less than when I went in.

The short sale thing was interesting - first time I have heard that mentioned when reading on here about 341 meetings.
                            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Wow, Valle, very good reporting on the 341 there ;)
                              Congrats on making it through smoothly!!
                              Oh, have a glass of Riesling for me too!
                              Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X