top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What documents will the Trustee request?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What documents will the Trustee request?

We are in the beginning stages of filing Chapter 7 and I am trying to get everything prepared and educate myself on this process. I have read many posts about the Trustee requesting documents ahead of the scheduled 341 meeting. What paperwork will be requested? Also, if these are things we have already given our lawyer, would the request be sent to us or our lawyer? Do we send the items in or does our lawyer?

we also used an atty for our bk....we were briefed prior to the 341 and told not to bring anything other than our id's ss#'s and drivers licenses. but i brought everything including the kitchen sink...i didn't need a thing at the meeting since any documents the trustees office thought or had any questions about were dealt with prior to the actual 341. but, that was our district, many work other ways. your atty really should advise you what and what not to bring...but LOL! i didn't listen and brought everything anyway just in case.

good luck and welcome to the forum!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Aside from everything that my attorney already submitted, all I brought was SS card, driver's license, recent paystub and current bank statement.

Comment

I too brought everything to the meeting that I thought would be relevant. I had a file with me 2 or 3 inches thick however only my driver's license and social security card were requested. I had previously furnished my attorney with the last 2 years worth of pay stubs and W2 forms which I presume either the trustee requested or my attorney thought they might. I didn't really ask specifically what was requested ahead of the meeting but I think records of employment and tax filings are probably always requested, if nothing else. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by yang0837 View Post
          Aside from everything that my attorney already submitted, all I brought was SS card, driver's license, recent paystub and current bank statement.
          yes, we also brought with us additional updated bank statements since i really thought that would make some sense that they would be asked for...nope...they sure were not!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I used an attorney, too. I was told to bring my driver's license, ssn card and a bank check/money order for the first payment to the trustee. Then right before the meeting he handed me a huge folder with all my paperwork. (Nothing ended up being requested out of this folder, however.)

I guess what to bring varies a lot depending upon the local district.

Comment

Trustee did not ask me for anything, before or during the meeting. May or may not have asked for things from my lawyer, but I don't think so.

Like nekom, my lawyer gave me all my completed paperwork immediately before the meeting (I spent a very minimal amount of time reviewing the petition with him on his computer screen before he filed it... I am not one of those who will tell you that it is best in every case for the client to review everything his lawyer files with a fine toothed comb).
              Chap 7 Report of No Distribution 12/2/2010. I'm in the 60 day club : )

Comment

Originally posted by mo1984 View Post
                We are in the beginning stages of filing Chapter 7 and I am trying to get everything prepared and educate myself on this process. I have read many posts about the Trustee requesting documents ahead of the scheduled 341 meeting. What paperwork will be requested? Also, if these are things we have already given our lawyer, would the request be sent to us or our lawyer? Do we send the items in or does our lawyer?
                Hi mo1984,

Your attorney will know what the trustee wants and most likely, send them in advance of the 341. This may vary by district, but in ours, we had to show 6 months of paystubs, statements for all bank accounts, 2 years complete tax returns with all attachments and statements for retirement accounts. Our attorney also requested the deed for the house, title for cars, financing agreements, etc.

For the 341, we brought ID, SS Cards, and a copy of the petition. Our attorney said not to bring anything else and if the trustee requested something we could send it after.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
                  Hi mo1984,

Your attorney will know what the trustee wants and most likely, send them in advance of the 341. This may vary by district, but in ours, we had to show 6 months of paystubs, statements for all bank accounts, 2 years complete tax returns with all attachments and statements for retirement accounts. Our attorney also requested the deed for the house, title for cars, financing agreements, etc.

For the 341, we brought ID, SS Cards, and a copy of the petition. Our attorney said not to bring anything else and if the trustee requested something we could send it after.
                  SG...interesting, we were asked by the trustee's office before our 341 to provide a few more docs...but not during....as i have heard happens so much more than prior, like in our case. i really wonder why??

Comment

Hi Tobee,

I think a really good attorney makes all the difference, ours had us send all the documents before we even filed the case. I was ready to bring a whole suitcase full of supporting documents, lol....turns out I didn't need any of it.

SG

Comment

Our trustee asked for 90-days (prior to filing date) of bank statements for all accounts and last year's tax return prior to our 341. For the day of the meeting, he asked us to bring our ss cards and ID. We filed pro se, but if your attorney is aware of the trustee's "usual requests", he/she will likely ask you for those once your trustee is assigned. to your case.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X