Yeah 341 done....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah 341 done....

Hot dog, We went to our 341 meeting this morning. Very easy, Not a single creditor showed for anyone's meeting about 20 altogether. No pro-se folks at all and all were pretty basic cases with one exception. One lady hadn't done her taxes for last 3 years and withdrew 130K from her retirement account 5 months prior then paid her daughter and her mother $3500 each, supposedly to repay debts to them. She supposedly used all the rest for general necessities. Yet Supposedly she hadn't filed her taxes because she didn't make enough to have to file. Trustee didn't look like he was buying it. He had the lady and her lawyer stammering and stuttering like school kids who had been caught with there hands in the cookie jar. I couldn't believe the lawyer didn't prepare better and was really glad she wasn't my lawyer. Seemed like it was a class in everything to NOT do just before filing for CH7.

We were actually 2nd to the last up. Other than confirming all the basic stuff on our questioner only thing we were asked about was the $4,000 in cash we had 3 months ago. Once I said it was from federal student loan and was all spent on school and school books and we didn't have any left he didn't care anymore and told us we were free to go. Once we were up we were out in less than 10 minutes. All in all we were in and out in less than an hour and half.

Here's hoping for a clear and sunny 60 days...
    Last edited by etechjc; 01-25-2011, 11:09 AM.
    Chapter 7
    Filed, 12/21/2010
    Discharged, 03/30/2011

Congrats on a smooth 341!
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!! Glad to know it went so smoothly for you!

And $123,000 over the course of five months for basic necessities?! What kind of life was this lady living?! lol
      Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
      341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
      Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

I am happy it went so well for you guys!!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X