341 Middle District FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Middle District FL

Had my 341 this morning in Orlando. Amazingly quick and absolutely painless.
    Arrived about an hour before scheduled. Heard exactly what questions I'd be asked.
    Priceless! Definitely put me at ease when called up as I knew what was coming.
    No more than 3 minutes.

So I just checked PACER and...
    Filed: 06/01/2011
    Entered: 06/01/2011
    Entered By: XXXX, Trustee
    Event Name(s): Report of No Distribution - Ch 7 - No Funds (No Paper)
    Full Docket Text:
    Meeting of Creditors Held and Concluded on 6/1/2011. Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, XXXX, Trustee, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned (without deducting any secured claims): $ 275.00, Assets Exempt: $ 5235.00, Claims Scheduled: $ 68993.00, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment (without deducting the value of collateral or debts excepted from discharge): $ 68993.00. (XXXX, Trustee)
    Not sure what the "(No Paper)" means but hey, I'll take it.

==
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011... 341 Meeting: 06/01/2011... Report of No Distribution: 06/01/11... Discharged & Closed: 08/04/2011

Congratulations, and welcome to the 60 Day Club.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congratulations! Welcome to Club Sixty!

(No Paper, in CM/ECF (PACER) means that there is no "paper" document attached to the document entry. It's just an "electronic text" entry on the docket. In other words... no attachment.)
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Awesome.
        Thanks!
        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011... 341 Meeting: 06/01/2011... Report of No Distribution: 06/01/11... Discharged & Closed: 08/04/2011

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the club!
          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Couple of questions if I may...

*The $68993 mentioned in the original post include +/-$15k of 2007 Income Tax debt. The IRS person who answered my call says that he didn't think this tax debt could/would be discharged. My attorney and I beg to differ. How (when) will I know if it will indeed go away?

*If the US Trustee wanted anything to do with this case, would he/she have sounded off by now? Or could they get involved at any time within the next 60 days?

Comment

Originally posted by Dmax View Post
              *The $68993 mentioned in the original post include +/-$15k of 2007 Income Tax debt. The IRS person who answered my call says that he didn't think this tax debt could/would be discharged. My attorney and I beg to differ. How (when) will I know if it will indeed go away?
              Technically, the only way to know "for sure" is to file a Complaint to Determine Dischargeability. It would also depend on when you filed. Taxes from 2007 were "due without penalty" on April 15, 2008. With the 3 year rule, that means you would need to have filed after April 15, 2011. From your signature, it appears that you did, in fact, file after 4/15/2011. Now, how you deal with the IRS will be interesting. After your case is actually discharged, simply call the insolvency department at the IRS to determine the status. They may mark it as discharged right there on the spot without any need for technicalities.

Remember, for an IRS debt to get discharged, it must be more than 3 years since it was due without penalty (which you satisfy). AND, you must have filed your return more than 2 years prior to filing (I don't know your status). AND, it must not have been assessed within 240 days of filing (I don't know your status). Additionally, if the IRS used their lien powers, it could make it a little more messy. However, you should just followup with a call to the IRS after discharge.

Originally posted by Dmax View Post
              *If the US Trustee wanted anything to do with this case, would he/she have sounded off by now? Or could they get involved at any time within the next 60 days?
              Technically, yes, the UST would usually say something either at the 341 Meeting or generally within 10 days after the 341 Meeting (if it's a case of abuse). The UST has 60 days from the first scheduled 341 Meeting to make noise anyhow. That means that your discharge date is around 7/31/2011. If you are over-the-median or had other issues, this may bring scrutiny, but in my experience and from seeing other cases progress, you would already know if the UST was "interested" in your case.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Welcome to the club Dmax, 59 days now....lol
                Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks fellas!

Comment

welcome...... to the club
                      Filled 5-2010
                      7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
                      8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X