341 done!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 done!!

We had our 341 meeting today. There were two cases before ours, and one after. We were in this small conference room with others in our shape, and their attorneys. So far I have been as cool as a cucumber with this bankruptcy mess...but right before the trustee called our name, I thought I was going to pass out. He asked the basics...do you swear to tell the truth, state your name, did you review your documents before your signed them, did your attorney go over what happens during and after bankruptcy...and so on. Then came the "the question." We had borrowed and paid back a family member a small sum of money compared to what we have dished out over the last year to other creditors. He asked me to verify to whom and how much was paid. Then he looked at my attorney and said something along the lines of 'you'll be surprised to hear I will not be pursuing the preferential (something something).' At that point my ears started to ring. I just kept thinking holy crap, that would have been a big mess. But, all is good. Now, we just wait. Our attorney said that she does not foresee any creditors objecting, because usually by now we would have heard something. The one that concerns me the most she said not to worry about. But now I find myself being way more anxious than before the 341. But I suppose I should just be glad that part is done. I just wished I could do something with these insane student loans I got when I thought I wanted to be a nurse. Oh well, live and learn I guess.
    A guru once said, "want less, suffer less." I wanted more, and look where it got me...a very expensive lesson learned.

Congratulations and welcome to the 60 Day Club! Congratulations also on not being bothered about the 'Preferential Insider Payment', that is what it's called.

Sorry, but I really have no words of wisdom to offer about the Student Loans.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the club! There are a bunch of us here that should be getting discharged within a week of each other. I feel you on the student loans, I have tax debt that is going to stick around after the bankruptcy.
      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

congrats to you ht.....yup you can relax now, It's a huge step to get past.
        good luck to you.
        You are in good company in the 60 day club.
        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats. You can join a bunch of us for the hamster dance in JULY!!!!
            Filed CH 7 4/15/11
            341 5/23/11
            DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Woot!! Congrats and welcome to Club 60!!
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X