??341 Done...thoughts???please???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??341 Done...thoughts???please???

Well guys for those who have followed my "saga" - we started in Feb 2011 with first visit to BK atty. Spouse filed 13 in April 2011 to hold off pending suit from our friends at HSBC and joint 13 is not possible because of too much student loan - together. Then I had to wait until my income declined.

Anyway - filed 7 Sept 29.

341 was with Atty # 2 with firm (that's good because she handles the 13's so she handled spouse's 13). 14 for the hour - my atty had five...

I went like...fifth I think...Trustee was older - been doing this for FORTY!!!!! years with his paralegal (who I would SWEAR I know from somewhere...)

Anyway before the 341 Atty #2 had all her clients gather around, she went over the basics and then she talked to me separately - I asked well, what should I say if TRustee asks why spouse is in a 13, etc. Atty#2 said...well, because you're paying most of the bills this way.

Then she said..."I don't think the Trustee would care, but the US Trustee may" EEEEEEEK!!!!!!!! THen she said down went over spouse's petition and mine - she said all looks good exept that my SIX p/t teaching jobs $$ was different in April and now...well of course I said, these things aren't FIXED - they're class by class...whatever it is it is. She said ok, nothing that IF - IF it comes up can't be explained. Then she said all else looks good. So you guys KNOW what I'm expecting now...

BUT BUT BUT before the 341's started, she said that "the Trustee's office has been through your petitions with a fine toothed comb by now."

Anyway on Trustee's desk is a file for everyone with schedule J - besides the "rote" questions he said..."you work at all these jobs?" I said "yessir, they're ad hoc teaching jobs" (I think he knew what I was trying to say. He said so "what do you do for them?" I said I teach history. I think that was that for that.

He then said...spouse in 13 since April? Before I could start blathering around, I glanced at Atty #2 - she was leaning back in her chair, comfortable, smiling, and said "Yep!" And that was that. (She is in the business for 10 years, and she herself is a CH 7 trustee).

Then he said on here do you still have the whole life for $487? (That was from FEB) - of course I had spend that since then...I said, no sir, that's gone...then Trustee's paralegal to the rescue - she said "First Name of TRustee, here it's already here." TRustee nodded, few last rote questions, sign here that what you said was true, he said you're free to go.

Now to the first case he said "good luck." He didn't say that to me. :-(

So here it is.

So I waited for Atty #2 - I asked her how did it go? She said FINE no worries.

Of course I worry.

Oh - total time=8 mins - maybe...(I was 2.5 hours early)

ALl answers - yes (yessir) no sir.

My trustee didn't say good luck to us either. She did say good luck to the only couple who was around the same age as the trustee. I wouldn't worry about it.

Glad it went smooth and your #2 attorney was on the ball.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

THANK YOU FREDDIE!!!!!! Yes she was VERY VERY much on the ball!!!!!!

And thank you!!!

Comment

Sounds like it went well. I have come to the conclusion that the people who need to worry are the ones who don't, and think everything is just fine. The people who worry about every single thing (myself included) are generally the ones who in the end do ok, because they have dotted every i and crossed every t, and then some, nothing is left to chance.

Best wishes on going forward.
        Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
        DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

THANKS Panda - from yuor mouth to God's ears!

Comment

See, I told you 'Old! I knew you'd be fine. So glad to hear you had a good attorney and a trustee who probably would have rather be somewhere else. . Congrats my friend.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Congratulations, IamOld. Welcome to the 60 Day Club Though that can sound a little odd since your wife is in a CH13.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                See, I told you 'Old! I knew you'd be fine. So glad to hear you had a good attorney and a trustee who probably would have rather be somewhere else. . Congrats my friend.
                THANKS!!!! drowning!!! Well Trustee had lunch before the 2pm "crowd" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                  Congratulations, IamOld. Welcome to the 60 Day Club Though that can sound a little odd since your wife is in a CH13.
                  THANK YOU ANGELINA!!!! Well, we are doing this together - one has to work for the other to work!!!!

Comment

Glad that your 341 went smoothly!!

Comment

Originally posted by pansyface View Post
                      glad that your 341 went smoothly!!
                      thanks!!!

Comment

Yay!!!! I am so glad it seemed smooth!!!

Okay, you need to pm me your PACER sign in and password so I can change it so you don't run up a bigazz bill and make yourself crazy!!

LOL I keeed - I keeed!!!
                        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Yes - it SEEMED smooth :-)

Re bigazz Pacer bill - in the dyeing words of Darth Wader - "...it is too late for me..."

My first bill was $134; this next one is $118.

Yes - I know - idiotic.

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                          Yay!!!! I am so glad it seemed smooth!!!

Okay, you need to pm me your PACER sign in and password so I can change it so you don't run up a bigazz bill and make yourself crazy!!

LOL I keeed - I keeed!!!

Comment

We filed same day as you and 341 is this coming Mon. Very nervous

Comment

Originally posted by holycowe View Post
                              We filed same day as you and 341 is this coming Mon. Very nervous
                              My best wishes to you. I cannot tell you how incredibly helpful this form is
                              we don't go into this blind and support from everyone here is incredible. My best wishes to you n your family and I have my fingers crossed!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X