341 Completed and Motion filed for Relief from Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Completed and Motion filed for Relief from Stay

Had our 341 today. Went smoothly -- some concerns as trustee was trying to determine if we might be eligible for tax refund (most likely not). Had some firm words for our attorney about failing to file most recent paystubs with the petition, but otherwise pretty good for now.

Felt for the woman before us who chatted, a lot. She had been instructed pre-meeting by her attorney to offer yes and no, and not to fill in the dead air time with extra info. She had brought a box of paperwork with her and her attny had advised her to leave her paperwork in the sitting area. I was surprised at how much she was unaware of her personal income situation -- she was being garnished by two different entities but unaware of who the money was going to. Her tax refunds were being intercepted for deliquent student loans but she wasn't sure why, how, where, etc. The trustee was very patient trying to get info out of her but she struggled. At one point she confessed she had "some papers" with her that might explain things; trustee said I'd like to see those papers (DOH!), and then she said, and her attny agreed, that it would take too long to dig them out. It was quite interesting...

Right before our 341 our attny informed us that our truck creditor had filed a motion for relief from stay. We had intended to pay and retain (admittedly we are a couple of months behind but can comfortably make those payments up), but the truck creditor had informed us prior to this meeting that they required us to reaffirm or surrender. So they've put the motion in to be relieved from the stay....we have to decide pretty quick what we want to do.

So our attorney says keep our fingers crossed that the UST won't pop up within the next 10 days.

That's about it really.

Today -- trustee's report of no distribution! Now we wait....

Over median Ch 7 case.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X