top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far in advance do you get your 341 date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far in advance do you get your 341 date?

My husband will need to give a week's notice to have that day off work to be with our little angel.
    Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
    Discharged! June 28, 2012
    Closed! August 8, 2012

We filed 12/17 and our 341 was 01/12 and that was speedy! Hubby should have gracious plenty of time to ask off from work. So excited for you to file - I know you will feel better!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

You should receive notice for your 341 "Meeting of Creditors" within days of filing, you most likely will have 45-60 days notice of when the meeting will be held.
      Filed: 10/29/2011 Chapter 7
      341: Scheduled for December 19, 2011

Comment

As stated earlier, you will receive notice in the mail, but sometimes the attorney will be able to tell you. In any event, you should end up with about six weeks notice.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

We received our date from the clerk when we filed. She typed our info into the computer and printed out a list of what we send to the trustee and the notice of 341.

We filed 1/31 and our 341 is 3/1

This is in Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by DSPatch View Post
            We received our date from the clerk when we filed. She typed our info into the computer and printed out a list of what we send to the trustee and the notice of 341.
            I think that is generally how it works. The 341 date is assigned at the time your petition is filed. Your attorney should be able to tell you the date right away. You will also receive notice in the mail in plenty of time for your husband to give his employer a week's notice.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              I think that is generally how it works. The 341 date is assigned at the time your petition is filed. Your attorney should be able to tell you the date right away. You will also receive notice in the mail in plenty of time for your husband to give his employer a week's notice.
              That's good, because...OOPS! He needs two weeks, not just one.

Thanks, everybody!
              Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
              Discharged! June 28, 2012
              Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X