Buy the ticket, take the ride - 341 tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy the ticket, take the ride - 341 tomorrow

Just a quick post to thank all for sharing their wisdom on so many topics. I don't post often, but that simply is a testament to how much advice has already been given on this site. I've certainly become an obsessive reader.

The wife and I have a major milestone tomorrow in the PM: The 341.
    We feel prepared - thanks in most part to this forum... Our attorney has yet to truly show worth yet, but may soon. Of course we are both stressed, emotional disasters; but hanging on and hoping for good things.

I will be sure to post an update after the meeting and hope to have very few questions about PACER as this mess moves forward.

Thanks again!

No matter what anyone says, it is impossible to not be a little nervous on 341 day. It is definitely an "E-ticket ride"!

Leave early and make sure your ID & SS cards are tucked away to take with you tomorrow.

I felt so nervous that day and out of that nervousness, I kept nodding/shaking my head at some of the trustee's questions instead of answering Yes or No out loud. Hubby kept elbowing me in the ribs to make me speak out loud.

BUT... it was over SO FAST.

Then we did teriyaki take-away for lunch and I had a couple of glasses of wine with it and napped! It was the best nap ever!

The 60 day club went by fairly quickly - except for day 60 which seemed to last eons. LOL

Try to get a good night's sleep, take a deep breath before answering anything, hang in there and come back and tell us all how it went!!!

Good luck!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I was going to suggest trying to get a good night's sleep, etc., but ValleYum has done a very good job of that. Just keep your answers short, mostly will be 'yes' or 'no' as appropriate. Do not volunteer any information unless asked. You and the Mrs. give each other a good {{{HUG}}} tonight.

You will do fine.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I do have one interesting update - can anyone chime in if they have come across this? I'm pretty sure it is a simple fluke. Out of curiosity, I called the Voice Case Information number on Pacer's site 10 minutes ago. Strangely, the nice automated lady said our case status was "awaiting discharge". Then proceeded to tell me that the "Meeting of the creditors was held on 03/06/2012" at blah blah blah, NO assets were reported."

Seeing as how it's the 5th of March, and the meeting has not taken place, I probably shouldn't rely on anything that phone system says EVER again. Correct? (It would be nice to know if some of the info given through that system is accurate) ... It's still strange though... as it reads direct portions or snippets of what is in Pacer.

Comment

Interesting. Definitely not something to count on. But, maybe your trustee has reviewed your petition, found everything to be in order and entered the info in the system in advance. Could be a sign that you will only be asked the standard questions and be done very quickly.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Nothing like feeling like you're in a time-warp....
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hello All,

The 341 was literally over in about 5 minutes! It fell right into the category of , Yes, No, No, Yes and then !!! - TT stated no assets and began to speak with out lawyer about baseball.

Well, I'm watching Pacer, carefully mind you, for any changes to date of last filing - so far - Pacer is showing the same thing before the meeting. I think we are now in the 60 day club...

Quick question: Will pacer state that the meeting was held and closed? We were asked for no other documents and she simply said, "OK, you are all set" I'll give it some time... perhaps 14 days

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X