My trustee didn't pick up my packet of information...sent Certified Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My trustee didn't pick up my packet of information...sent Certified Mail

'Mail' was one method cited by my trustee for delivering supporting information. So, I sent him a large packet (taxes, 6 mo pay stubs, 6 mo bank accounts, etc.) via Certified mail, and...he didn't pick it up! I sent it on May 7, and a notice was left at the address on May 8. It is now May 22, and my 341 hearing is June 6.

I emailed the trustee once on the 10th, and he responded saying he hadn't received any information from me. I sent follow up emails on the 14th and the 20th with no response I haven't received the packet back yet (is automatically mailed back to me after 15 days)...what to do?

I think I'll have to spend an entire evening scanning 300+ pages to email...ugh

Will this impact my 341 hearing at all? I'm doing this all pro se...

My trustee specifically said in his letter request for documents NOT to send it certified as his staff did not have time to pick things up and werent always available at the office. I too was worried that he wouldnt get it at all without tracking it somehow, but he did and everything went fine.

You might want to send a new packet REGULAR mail - you probably still have time, although my trustee wanted everything 10 days before the 341..

Comment

Is there any way feasible that you could drive that package over to the trustee's office? I know that is extreme, but you would know it GOT there. Or do you use eBay or PayPal? If you do, you can create labels with tracking numbers using those software packages....
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Well, I JUST got my packet back from USPS I'm going to physically drop off the package at the trustee's address and hope he doesn't care about only 1 week of preview time before 341...ugh

Anyone have any thoughts? Will he reschedule my 341?

Comment

OK so I physically dropped off the packet at the address given in the court order...I guess it was his house??? Not a business address, it was residential.

I also left him a VM saying I dropped it off, so we'll see how this turns out...

Comment

Good luck!! Hope it all works out!
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Yeah me too! I called the trustee this AM asking if he got the packet, and he was a bit gruff with me, saying "I should have mailed it" but when I explained what happened he loosened up a bit and said, "well, it is your responsibility to have all the information for me" and that as long as I did that part OK, I should be good to go. So, we'll see next Tues.!

Wish me luck

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X