No announcement yet.

341: Trustee wants me to talk to a Realtor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please forgive me if I am misunderstanding something here.

You have a mortgage for approx. $90,000 and your house is worth a theoretical max of $102,000, which leaves a theoretical $12,000 equity? If you are using federal exemptions, don't you have something like a $21,125 exemption for equity in your home? Why is the trustee even able to put the house up for sale?

Just looking for more things to worry about before I file.

Comment

Originally posted by shoopy View Post
      Please forgive me if I am misunderstanding something here.

You have a mortgage for approx. $90,000 and your house is worth a theoretical max of $102,000, which leaves a theoretical $12,000 equity? If you are using federal exemptions, don't you have something like a $21,125 exemption for equity in your home? Why is the trustee even able to put the house up for sale?

Just looking for more things to worry about before I file.

OP plans to surrender the house.
      All these carve outs are happening in cases of surrender... so far.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

In any case....

DISCHARGE OF DEBTOR

It appearing that the debtor is entitled to a discharge, IT IS ORDERED:

The debtor is granted a discharge under section 727 of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code).

BY THE COURT

Dated: August 9, 2012
        I'm at a point now where the bank and trustee can futz around with the house til the cows come home. I just don't care anymore. I would like the dang case to close, but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it. Maybe it'll sell - who knows, who cares. Maybe it'll be up for sale for a year and then I can inquire about plans to pull the plug on the thing. The most important thing? Not my damned problem anymore.

Comment

Happy discharge, lorelei!!! Enjoy your Fresh Start!

Are you living in the house until it sells?
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Great news. Hopefully you can now live in it rent free to prepare for another place and have a stash for emergencies.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
              Happy discharge, lorelei!!! Enjoy your Fresh Start!

Are you living in the house until it sells?
              Time will tell :-)

We're in it for the time being, anyway. Moving closer to the city where we work makes some financial sense, but I'll be working 60+ hour weeks until November, so we're staying put for now.

Comment

Originally posted by lorelei View Post
                Time will tell :-)

We're in it for the time being, anyway. Moving closer to the city where we work makes some financial sense, but I'll be working 60+ hour weeks until November, so we're staying put for now.
                You hang in there as long as you can and/or want to!! Enjoy being freeeeeeeeeeee!!!
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

So, this is a long time since the last update, I know. It just took this long to FINALLY close the case. The Realtor hired by the trustee didn't do a damned thing to sell the house, as far as I can tell, and only submitted twice-a-year statements saying he believed he could sell it. Meanwhile, lots of other stuff went on:
                  • The bank eventually petitioned the court to move forward with the bankruptcy, which was granted (sometime in the spring of 2013, about a year after the bk filing)
                  • Just as soon as that was granted, my ex, who was on the mortgage papers, ALSO filed for Ch. 7 bk. He was luckier than I, and didn't have a trustee who wanted to play this song and dance, and his case was closed on Dec. 31, 2013.
                  • Nothing really happened at all in 2014 until November, when the bank finally got serious about foreclosing again.
                  • The sheriff's sale was on Feb. 5, 2015, at which point I had a six month grace period. Important to note: I was never directly told this, but luckily found out as I was looking for information on the state of my property on the county's online site.
                  • We moved out of the house on July 1, ahead of the Aug. 5 deadline. I sent a note to the trustee saying the property had been abandoned.
                  • About a month later, she issued her notice to the bk court saying the case had been fully administered.
                  • FINALLY, on Oct. 19, 3 years, 6 months and 3 days after filing, FINALLY, my case was closed.

I still don't know what the point of all this was, but it's OVER!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X