Bank statements & vehicles registration questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank statements & vehicles registration questions

I have a list of items from atty that I need to submit before the 341. For the bank statements they are asking for: "any/all bank statements in your name. These statements will need to display the balance on your filing date and prior 30 days balances and transaction history."

I thought they would need 6 months of bank statements, does that come later or is that something they acquire on their own? My little community bank statement shows transaction dates/amounts but not a running balance (only end of statement date balance). I already provided a screen shot of my balance on filing day so hopefully that is good enough.

I also need to submit either registration or titles of all vehicles. I'm submitting copies of the titles. I know the vehicles have to be insured. Do all vehicles have to be currently registered? Our motorhome has not been registered for a couple of years, just don't have the $$. DH will be using it as his vehicle exemption. Is this a problem? We also have a trailer that is not registered, but our state doesn't require it unless you are hauling over a certain weight limit, so I assume that's okay.
    BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Had you already submitted the six months of bank statements to your attorney? If you are being asked for the statement showing your filing date, it looks like the trustee is wanting to verify the amount in your account.

We didn't have to bring anything with us to our 341, like this. We also had submitted copies of the vehicle registrations and titles. The 2004 VW Jetta Wagon, was encumbered by a loan, so we did not have a title for that. The 1968 Chevy Impala, that had sat in the garage since 2004, was not currently registered--nor did it run--we just submitted a copy of the title.

Every district is different, though.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

My attorney only asked for bank statements from the last 2 or 3 months (I can't remember which). I think it varies by trustee. You might be asked for more later or you could just be proactive and give them 6 months worth of bank statements now.

Comment

I guess I'll just do what the atty says and wait and see what happens. (Boy, this not-being-in-control thing is hard for me.) No, cat I didn't provide 6 months of statements yet, atty hasn't asked.

The paralegal had expressed concern that DH is using the motorhome as his vehicle exemption saying well, I guess it's a vehicle we'll see how it goes. So that's why I was worried that it's not registered. I know I keep harping on this... but if they consider a trailer a vehicle, then a motorhome shouldn't be a problem, but what do I know?
        BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Like those have mentioned before, each district and trustee is different. We just had give the amounts in our checking account to our attorney on the day we filed. I printed them off in case they were needed. They never were. Our trustee never asked for a bank statement. He was happy with what was in our petition.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X