Anticipation of my discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipation of my discharge

I had my 341 meeting on 8/10/12 and im still nervous about whether or not all of my debt (minus student loans) will be discharged. No creditors came to the meeting but im just not sure. I filed pro se and the trustee seemed really nice but i hear that all files go to a judge. My nerves are on edge everyday. What happens if the judge doesn't think that i did a good job and denies my paperwork? Is that something that would have been handled at the 341 meeting? How do i go about checking my credit report to find out if my creditors are reporting "included in bankruptcy" and does that really mean anything?

So many questions rambling through my mind...please help with any and all information. I also want to thank the members of this site for all of the helpful information that actually helped me get through the many pages of paperwork. You guys are soooo awesome!!!

Relax! The hard part is over. For those of you wondering what the hard part is... it's actually completing the petition and then submitting it!

Originally posted by nicmo View Post
    What happens if the judge doesn't think that i did a good job and denies my paperwork?
    The judge really does nothing! Even the Discharge Order is really issued by the Clerk of the Court. The judge is only there for contested matters and complaints. You will never see the judge in the majority of Chapter 7 cases!

Is that something that would have been handled at the 341 meeting?
    What? Complaints and contested matters are not done at the 341 Meeting. The 341 Meeting is really so that the Trustee can question you under oath. Creditors usually don't show up for it because it's a waste of time for them!

How do i go about checking my credit report to find out if my creditors are reporting "included in bankruptcy" and does that really mean anything?
    Yes, it really means something. You just run your credit report and look at it. The balances should read $0.00 and some sort of "Included in Bankruptcy" status.

So many questions rambling through my mind...please help with any and all information. I also want to thank the members of this site for all of the helpful information that actually helped me get through the many pages of paperwork. You guys are soooo awesome!!!
    Stop worrying. The next 60 days... well it's only 50 days now... will go by quickly!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the info...just want this to be over like yesterday lol

Comment

Trust me when I write this... I understand!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Had my 341 today. It was painless. I still don't see what all the fuss is about. This whole process has pretty much been a walk in the park for me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X