top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the trustee have a copy of your credit report at the 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the trustee have a copy of your credit report at the 341?

I'm not trying to hide anything, but when I pulled my credit report as requested by my attorney, not all of my debts were listed on it. Will the trustee have a copy of my credit report at the 341 meeting?

I have not read about a Trustee running a credit report. They could, should they choose, but they receive VERY LITTLE money to investigate and perform an asset determination. They receive about $60 per case unless they find assets and receive a commission for liquidating those assets. That's not enough money to go around running credit reports on everyone. Besides, it is in the debtor's best interest to include EVERY CREDITOR on their petition. A failure to list a creditor could mean that the specific creditor's claim is not discharged and the debtor must still pay it. (That is the case in asset cases.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X