341 is today (Las Vegas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 is today (Las Vegas)

The day has finally come and im and nervous! Our lawyer has reassured us it is easy, but i cant help to not be a little scared lol our case is simple, under median income, no assets, no house....I'm worried most about our tax return. It was pretty large, but we spent it weeks before we filed on kid stuff (have 4 kids), car repairs, attorny fee, caught up on car payment, etc. i didnt save receipts though since we were not planning on filing, so hopefully it won't be an issue!
    Filed Chapter 7 2/22/13
    341 meeting done 3/22/13
    waiting for discharge!

I filed several years go, I was also undermedian, went by in 2 mins, and I was out the door, I worried like you, No need it is like a business transaction, I worried for nothing. Be sure to take your ID and SS card. Keep us posted.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Sounds just like my case. Under median, no assets--as simple as it can possibly be--and I was terrified. Don't worry. After today, it's an easy ride. You'll find you were worried for nothing.

Sorry, I don't have anything to offer about the tax refund--mine was exempt--but it sounds like you did everything right.

Keep us posted.
      Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
      Discharged! June 28, 2012
      CLOSED!!! August 8, 2012

Comment

Welcome to BKforum, Deb2799. It's probably too late to add to the reassurance you already reaceived. Can't wait to see your follow-up post to say how smoothly your 341 went.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

ALL done, ours was EASY AS PIE! (whatever that phrase means anyway LOL)

We were one of the last ones out of 20-25. For that time slot, seems like they do about 100 a day!

DON'T bring kids someone brought one and they kept getting mad (I have 4 and didn't bring any of mine lol)

First lady cried felt bad for her..got a little grilled by why her husband didn't file.

One couple got grilled for probably 45 minutes. Didn't have tax returns and had a lawyer from another lawsuit there claiming he received over $900,000 in income and mysterious checks in bank account. His had to be rescheduled

Another couple had to turn in receipts since they spent $6000 after they filed

Then was our turn, I think b/c he was so behind, he breezed right through us, he asked

1. name, address, phone number
          2. why filing bankruptcy (which just said job loss)
          3. did you get tax return before filed it was $6700, (yes) no further questions

I even brought my latest bank statement and they didn't ask for them

then we were done. He even joked with my husband...

We feel so relieved, going out for dessert tonight!
          Last edited by Deb2799; 04-22-2013, 05:41 PM.
          Filed Chapter 7 2/22/13
          341 meeting done 3/22/13
          waiting for discharge!

Comment

Congratulations! You are now in the 60 Day Club!

Welcome to the forum!
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to Club Sixty!

Originally posted by Deb2799 View Post
              First lady cried felt bad for her..got a little grilled by why her husband didn't file.
              The trustee asked why my husband wasn't filing. I just explained that the debt was not in his name. It was no big deal. I wonder what the case was in this situation.
              Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
              Discharged! June 28, 2012
              CLOSED!!! August 8, 2012

Comment

Congrats, all the best to you and your family's new start!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X