top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 341 is coming up in 20 days. What documentation to bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 is coming up in 20 days. What documentation to bring?

Like the title says, what documentation do I need to bring, other than my original social security card and photo ID? The letter which I received from the trustee asked a lot of questions, which I responded to, and said that the trustee would contact me if more information/documentation is required, which has not happened.

Some people say that you need to bring bank statements, etc. Is that required, or only if the trustee specifically asks for it?

I would bring anything that was required in order to file or provide to the Trustee. In other words, a copy of the petition, a copy of your paystubs for 60 days, your last 2 years of income tax returns, your bank account balances (as of the day of filing), and anything else you can think of. I think of it as an interview, and I always bring extra copies with me to the interview!

I might also visit the Trustee's Website to see if there is anything specific that they require to be in their hands outside 7 days of the 341 Meeting.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Are you a pro se filer? If so, you respond to and bring whatever the trustee wants. Bring nothing MORE or less than what that letter says.

If you have an attorney, you bring only what the attorney tells you to bring.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

JB got in ahead of me. That is good. He is far more knowledgeable about pro se affairs than I.

I will say that our trustee in our district did telephonic 'dress rehearsals' a week before the actual 341. At that 'dress rehearsal' we were told what exactly we needed to bring with us. Your trustee may not do that, and probably does not. I have only heard of Middle District Florida (Jacksonville) doing this.

Good luck to you.

Comment

I filed pro-se. I was not employed at the time I filed, but I am working now (for the summer only; I am going to college full-time during the school year). I had expected the trustee to request a boatload of paperwork, but after seeing my responses to his inquiries, and learning that I had already spent my meager tax refunds before filing--I actually used most of the money to pay the BK court fees--maybe he realized that I don't have anything to give my creditors? Should I call the trustee before my 341 date to ask what if anything I must bring?

Comment

To be on the safe side, call the trustee's office a week ahead of time--maybe five business days--and ask if there is anything else that you need to bring. From what you said, the answer will likely be "no". But by doing this, you will show that you are more than willing to cooperate with the process.

Good wishes to you!

Comment

I would certainly double-check with the Trustee's office as to what you need to submit before the meeting or bring with you to the meeting. I would always bring an "extra" copy of whatever you may have already sent in, just in case.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My lawyer said to bring my drivers license and social security card, that's it and that's all they asked me for. Everything else was already sent to the trustee prior.

Since you filed pro se, all I can say is my lawyer asked me a week prior for bank statements, no pay stubs though.

Comment

Also forgot to mention, do not wear any high end flashy clothing, jewelry or wristwatches. Dress business casual, but be conservative. Maybe it's my part of the world, but my lawyer told me that Trustees here take that into account.

One woman who walked in before me had on a lot of designer clothes, jewelry and a big Tory Burch handbag. Big No No, especially since the Trustee was a woman who probably knew the brand and looked at her wardrobe ensemble.

Comment

My 341 meeting was last week. I brought a folder containing bank statements and other documents, however the only things I was asked to provide were my drivers' license and Social Security card. The trustee did not ask very many questions, other than the standard "is everything on the petition and schedules correct" kind of stuff.

I did not bother to dress up, either. I wore a solid-color T-shirt and jeans and tennis shoes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X