Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting - yesterday!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has posted about what to expect for the 341 meetings. I arrived early to mine as was suggested, but was completely terrified going in - I was the only Pro-Se filer there in the morning. Had to fill out a questionnaire that the trustee had everyone fill out and sign. I had to wait for 3 people ahead of me, and got skipped when it was my turn because some attorney walked right up to the trustee and started gabbing about his clients. So since they were already talking about them, the trustee called them up ahead of me. By the time they were done about 25 minutes later, I finally got called up, and by that time the entire room had filled up. I was quite nervous because this couple ahead of me took a long time, and he seemed to ask a lot of questions of them (they did have a creditor show up, though).

The trustee asked if I had any help in filing my bk since I filed pro se, and then asked how I knew which forms to file and how I knew the process. My hubby was super helpful through the entire process and even prepared a notebook for me with tabbed dividers in case I needed to refer to any of the paperwork I had turned in up to this point. I answered that I had done a lot of research since I could not afford an attorney. He was satisfied with that. He went on to ask a number of other questions such as, "is this your signature on these documents?", and others like the "Sticky" posts about "what the Trustee will ask" here on this forum. (Thanks so much for all the posts on what questions to expect- that was so helpful!). After all of that, he ended in a few minutes with "I'm satisfied that this meeting can be closed." It took all of about 7 minutes, I think. I felt like "jello" afterwards since I was pretty stressed beforehand thinking he'd just rip me apart in front of everyone. I felt he was very respectful.

Does this mean I'm a "no-asset chapter 7"? And am I now in the 60 day club too? I'm a bit hesitant to celebrate too much, though, hoping that there are not any unexpected surprises. I know I need to now get the bk course (part 2) done, and finish up my vehicle reaffirmation documents. Oh, and does this also mean that I'm through with the Trustee, or does he also have (now 59) days to file objections?

Thanks again, and esp to justbroke and AC and VY for all your help and support.
    Chapter 7 Filed ~ Pro Se — 7-10-2013
    341 Meeting ~ Pro Se — 8-14-2013
    . . grateful to now be a '60 Day Club' newbie!

You are definitely in the 60-Day club. As to whether you are a no asset case or not, you can find that on PACER, or you should know based on what property you exempted. You are done with the Panel Trustee. Your next 60 days should be quiet. If you are reaffirming your vehicle, then you'll need to get that paperwork, from the lender, completed and filed. You may want to ask if they'll do a ride-through (not necessitating a reaffirmation). Just make sure you keep current! Since you are pro se, there will be a hearing on any reaffirmation agreement in which you enter.

Congratulations!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi, my God-daughter, Bianci, you did VERY well, indeed! Congratulations! I cannot add to JB's advice about all the things he said to check. He is our premier pro se filer.

It looks like you are off to a good start!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        You are definitely in the 60-Day club. As to whether you are a no asset case or not, you can find that on PACER, or you should know based on what property you exempted. You are done with the Panel Trustee. Your next 60 days should be quiet. If you are reaffirming your vehicle, then you'll need to get that paperwork, from the lender, completed and filed. You may want to ask if they'll do a ride-through (not necessitating a reaffirmation). Just make sure you keep current! Since you are pro se, there will be a hearing on any reaffirmation agreement in which you enter.

Congratulations!
        thank you so much. Sorry, what is a ride-through? I have received paperwork from the vehicle lender, but haven't finished filling it out yet, but plan to this weekend. Thanks for your encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          Hi, my God-daughter, Bianci, you did VERY well, indeed! Congratulations! I cannot add to JB's advice about all the things he said to check. He is our premier pro se filer.

It looks like you are off to a good start!
          Thank you, thank you for your help and encouragement. (And thanks for referring to me as your God-daughter.) I appreciate your help and encouragement so much. No one can ever understand what one is going through unless they have walked in those shoes, and everyone here has been extremely gracious and encouraging - and I hope that I can do the same for someone else.

Comment

I am so happy for you, bianci! Yay!
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by bianci View Post
              thank you so much. Sorry, what is a ride-through? I have received paperwork from the vehicle lender, but haven't finished filling it out yet, but plan to this weekend. Thanks for your encouragement.
              If the lender sent you reaffirmation paperwork, then they probably would not accept a ride-through. A ride-through is simply that the lender does not require reaffirmation and allows you to keep so long as you pay.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Great News

Comment

Thank you, Justbroke, for the clarification. Yes, it was reaffirmation paperwork. I will get that filled out and sent back in. Thank you for all of your help with all of the questions I've had on the paperwork. You are extremely helpful and everyone on this forum is fortunate to have your expertise in answering our questions. I certainly am very appreciative of your posts and help.

And thank you, ValleYum, and you, pamkev, for your encouragement and best wishes. I appreciate you all so very much!

Headed out to a local Farmer's Market to PU a few bushels of pickling cukes. The reaffirmation doc's can wait 'til tomorrow!
                  Last edited by bianci; 08-17-2013, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Sweet. Congratulations!
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thank you very much, frogger. ;-)

So, JB, do you think it might be worth calling my vehicle lender, and asking them if they'd be willing to do a 'ride-thru'?

Comment

You could ask... it would not hurt. You may be referred to their Bankruptcy department or their outside attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by bianci View Post
                          Headed out to a local Farmer's Market to PU a few bushels of pickling cukes. The reaffirmation doc's can wait 'til tomorrow!
                          You like to can? 'Hub and I are canning all kinds of things. We are trying to do some preparing in case things go bad.
                          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X