341 hearing this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 hearing this morning

Had our 341 meeting this morning, went pretty quick and routine at the end she asked about our tax return of $7100 , I was unemployed for the last 3 months of 2012 and until may of 2013 we told her that it went toward household bills, kids clothing ,utilities and vehicle loan payment. (that ended up repoed anyway). my wife was only working part time due to her being in school full time. she said something to the lawyer about presumption of abuse for the tax return. we filed 07-26-13 and received the return around march of 2013. the lawyer said not to worry about it she was being way more picky than normal. he is sending a statement of how the money was spent. should we have any problems? thanks everyone for all the advice I have found on here

She was just being picky. It appears that your attorney is on top of this. The problem is that the refund is considered "income" and may have bumped up your 6-month look-back and your disposable monthly income. However, presumptions of abuse can be overcome and routinely are overcome. If you are not working and were not at the time of filing, this is not going to be an issue at all.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

he doesn't think it will be a problem, we were about $2200 under median at filing. crossing my fingers, so far our attorney has been right on things

Comment

It sounds like you have a good attorney. If you are confident in him, then try not to worry. That is what you paid him for.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Report of no distribution added to pacer this morning....I assume this is a good thing....on my birthday no less...

Comment

Originally posted by htraxx2 View Post
            Report of no distribution added to pacer this morning....I assume this is a good thing....on my birthday no less...
            Yes this a good thing and a nice birthday gift

Comment

Yes, this is a VERY good thing. Happy Birthday!
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Happy Birthday and we'll send you a bunch of hamsters on you discharge day. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X