Trustee questions question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee questions question

Hi all, just wanted to ask anyone who has been through a 341 if the trustee ever asks about specific cretit card purchases? Like "what did you buy at that price" and "do you still have those items"? Just curious to know if they comb through the paper work that deep?

I don't think the trustee typically goes through your credit card statements. In fact, I don't think they ever see them unless they suspect you are hiding assets and ask you to produce the statements. You may have given your cc statements to your attorney. But, that doesn't mean they were sent to the trustee. At the most, the trustee probably only has your checking or savings account statements for the month in which you filed, copies of your last 6 months pay stubs and your 2012 income tax return.

You did list all of your asset on your petition, right? If so, it doesn't matter whether the trustee looks through your statements or not. If you are asked about a particular charge on a statement, just answer truthfully. If you don't know what you bought, just say that you don't know. A bigger concern is if you made luxury purchases within 90 days or took cash advances within 70 days of filing BK that would cause a credit card company to petition to have your debt declared non-dischargeable. From what I've seen, that is rare. But, if it does happen, it's between you and the creditor, not the trustee.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by cborn View Post
      Hi all, just wanted to ask anyone who has been through a 341 if the trustee ever asks about specific cretit card purchases? Like "what did you buy at that price" and "do you still have those items"? Just curious to know if they comb through the paper work that deep?
      I don't think you have anything to worry about in this regard.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X