341 was a success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was a success!

We had our 341 meeting yesterday. We filed as a same-sex married couple, pro se chapter 7, and it went off without a hitch. The entire meeting was probably less than 2 minutes, and he asked some of the basic questions that were listed in the sticky post.

My favorite part was when the trustee said we were done, and then he said "I wanted to tell you that you did a great job on your paperwork, better than a lot of my attorneys."

The meeting was low stress, our trustee seemed like a really nice guy, and even though his computer conked out in the middle of our meetings, he still remembered our individual cases, and was helpful and friendly.

I guess we're in the 60 day club!

(eta: fixed typo)
    Last edited by Twinkle; 10-23-2013, 08:54 AM. Reason: typo

Excellent! Glad it went smoothly as you are blazing new trails after the SCOTUS ruling. I bet you are among the first BK filings by same sex spouses. I think it makes your fresh start extra special.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      Excellent! Glad it went smoothly as you are blazing new trails after the SCOTUS ruling. I bet you are among the first BK filings by same sex spouses. I think it makes your fresh start extra special.
      Well, we definitely were for our Trustee, anyway. He told me that when I called to ask him a question before our meeting. He was aware of the SCOTUS ruling, but hadn't had one yet.

Very exciting.

Comment

Congratulations! You are indeed in the 60 Cay Club!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

congrats!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X