341 Meeting Today, May 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Today, May 12

I had my 341 today, May 12, and, just as stated by others here, there was nothing to it.

I want to thank BK Forum for existing and special thanks to all those who took the time to answer my questions and reassure me.

The meeting began at 9AM with the Trustee introducing himself and then we watch a short video. The Trustee asked for pregnant women and the disabled to identify themselves and their cases were heard first. There were about forty people in the room made up of equally of couples and individuals. Most men were dressed in T shirts and jeans. I was the only person in business casual. Attorneys all had coats and ties. Most all the cases ran smoothly. There was one young lady who stumbled over her words and the Trustee spent a lot of time with her. (I did not hear the outcome). Finally I was next to last when I was called. My attorney was present. The questions came off without a hitch and my interview took five minutes or less. My attorney told me I will receive my discharge in about sixty days.

My advice; Arrive early. (I arrived 45 minutes early allowing time for things like a flat tire or road issue). Dress business casual. No hats or cellphones. Before you leave for the hearing make sure you have your photo ID and Social Security Card. (There were at least two people who forgot these items at today's hearing). Be honest. Keep your answers to yes or no unless you are asked to elaborate. Be prepared for a long stay but if you get called right away be grateful. Don't get stressed out about this meeting. There really is nothing to it.

Thank you for the info! My 341 is tomorrow morning and I'm freaking out already. I own a few different businesses and have not been the best record keeper, so I am so afraid of being drilled about my valuations for things, business expenses, etc. I'm so afraid that I forgot about something that should have been included. Thanks for your story!

Comment

Congratulations on a smooth 341, nioka.

philajackie, try not to worry so much. Yes, you might get more questions because of your businesses. Just honestly answer only the questions you are asked. If you don't know the answer to a question, don't be afraid to say so. I'm not even going to say good luck because you don't need luck. You'll be fine.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congrats to Nioka: He is in the 60 Day Club!

Philajackie, peruse the advice section of the 341, plus incorporating Nioka's good observations, and you will fine. Just remember that everything is answered with a "yes sir/ma'am", or a "no sir/ma'am" as appropriate. Do NOT volunteer any information that is not asked for.

Make sure you know where to go, and leave plenty early in case you get lost or have traffic problems.

Take at least five dollars in quarters to feed the parking meters. If your 341 is located somewhere in a courthouse, be sure to leave all cell phones and any other electronic stuff in the car.

You should do well; please let us know how it goes....
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by nioka View Post
          I had my 341 today, May 12, and, just as stated by others here, there was nothing to it.

I want to thank BK Forum for existing and special thanks to all those who took the time to answer my questions and reassure me.

The meeting began at 9AM with the Trustee introducing himself and then we watch a short video. The Trustee asked for pregnant women and the disabled to identify themselves and their cases were heard first. There were about forty people in the room made up of equally of couples and individuals. Most men were dressed in T shirts and jeans. I was the only person in business casual. Attorneys all had coats and ties. Most all the cases ran smoothly. There was one young lady who stumbled over her words and the Trustee spent a lot of time with her. (I did not hear the outcome). Finally I was next to last when I was called. My attorney was present. The questions came off without a hitch and my interview took five minutes or less. My attorney told me I will receive my discharge in about sixty days.

My advice; Arrive early. (I arrived 45 minutes early allowing time for things like a flat tire or road issue). Dress business casual. No hats or cellphones. Before you leave for the hearing make sure you have your photo ID and Social Security Card. (There were at least two people who forgot these items at today's hearing). Be honest. Keep your answers to yes or no unless you are asked to elaborate. Be prepared for a long stay but if you get called right away be grateful. Don't get stressed out about this meeting. There really is nothing to it.
          the cellphone thing is important! they will not let you proceed thru security with a cellphone. leave them in the car!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X