Another Pro Se 341 in the books!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Pro Se 341 in the books!

Had our 341 Meeting this morning. A little nervous, because it is federal court. But thanks to all of you good folks here, I was prepared and much calmer than I would have been before.

Got there early and watched about 20 people go through. No creditors showed for anyone, including me. Just a room with the Trustee, a a handful of lawyers and clients, and 2-3 Pro Se filers like myself. Was called up after about 30 minutes. Asked if I had transferred or sold anything. If I was had reason to sue anyone or would be in the future. If that changed, I would be required to notify the court. etc etc.

Long story short, it to me longer to park my car and go through security than it did to get through my part of the 341. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'm in the 60 Day Club.

Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the 60 Day Club if you are a CH7 case!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

You are in the 60-day club! Welcome to Club Sixty, as I like to call it!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations!

What took longest at my 341 was talking to my lawyer outside the court aftewards. After telling me my case was boring and then making sure I didn't take offense at that, he went on to tell me stories of his more interesting cases. He's very chatty and his stories were fun to hear.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Filing Pro Se, I didn't have any fun lawyer story time. Instead, the wife and I went and had a nice lunch around the corner from the courthouse. Grilled Cobia lunch special . Good times were had by all. :-)

Comment

mmmmm, I should have filed pro se!
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congratulations on completing the meeting of creditors. If you knew then what you know now about the process, what would you tell your past self about it?
              I am a lawyer licensed to practice in NY and CA, but I'm not your lawyer unless we have a signed agreement that says so. Nothing in this post should be considered legal advice.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by JSFleischman View Post
                  Congratulations on completing the meeting of creditors. If you knew then what you know now about the process, what would you tell your past self about it?
                  Sorry for the LONG delay in replying. IF I knew then, what I knew now....the best advice I could give would be "stop stressing. Filing BK is not the end of the world. In fact, it's a fresh beginning."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X