341 meeting over! This morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting over! This morning!

As most have said, It was not quite what I expected. I arrived about 45 minutes early. My name was on a sheet on the door, 2 people in front of me. Several people were talking to there attorneys, the interesting thing was they were talking to them like they did not know their case or what was involved. Some of the questions were things that were covered in my first meeting with my attorney. The only Item I was asked to bring by my attorney was my last bank statement showing my balance when I filed. Of course I was not even asked for that. I had been thinking all week long what else would they possibly want or ask for. So I had a folder with my best guess of what they could possibly want.

The first person came out of the room and immediately sat down again with their lawyer in the waiting room. They were talking about Fed income Tax for 2014 and how the trusty wanted to know how much they were getting back and when he could get them the returns so he could send it to the trustee. He also had problems with Child support etc... not being paid.

The next person came out of the room a little later. Same deal Trustee wanted Fed Tax returns etc... No one seemed to Have them. This person also had Land in her name I guess the trustee wanted and that concerned her...

My Turn- Trustee was very Stern - No smile, No good morning. My attorney made some small talk with him and he seemed sort of friendly towards my attorney. I was swarn in and then the questions started.

I had a Pension Plan through work almost 70k He wanted to know if those funds were avail to me. I said no sir that was Employer funded, No way to access until I retire. He then asked about my house that I am Keeping when I bougt it and when I refinanced it. He had one of the dates wrong and I hesitated and said I don't believe that is correct. He said he wasn't looking at the correct paper work and moved on.

Next question Bonuses how many times a year and what was the most I had ever gotten. Also If I new of any amounts coming to me. I said I may be getting one, have no Idea of the amount it is based on company projections.

Next question Are you expecting a Refund from Federal income Tax, I said No sir I will owe this year. He said have you Filed. I said yes sir last week. He said I would like to see your returns. I looked at my attorney and said I brought them with me is it ok to hand them over. He said sure but I would like to see them first. He looked at them and handed them to the trustee. He said thank you that will save some time. He noticed I owed a chunk and handed them rite back. (Thank God I had it) He asked me a few more questions and said that is all.

The one interesting thing was rite before I was finished - several other attorneys were in the same room with clients and they were talking, The Trustee had to yell at them 3 times to be quiet. Finally they got up and went back out to the waiting room. I am not sure if I would want to be one of those attorneys that were talking or at least their client.

My attorney said Make sure you do your next credit counseling and just wait for your discharge. Already did it..

Now - Just praying no AP or issues arise for the next 60 days.

If you have a meeting of the creditors in the next couple months - Make sure you have your Tax returns.

Glad to hear it went well for you!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club! Glad your 341 went well.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Welcome to the 60 Day Club!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X