Hoping for personal experiences...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping for personal experiences...

In August of 09 I left my employer, I at the time had other offers in the line, but found out I was pregnant, and told I had to wait to return to work.. well that was 3 miscarriages ago, and thousands of living expenses, medical bills, and now out of savings.. We last used our credit card at target, amt was high, but nothing exciting coffe maker etc, Jan 31st, spoke to a lawyer the next week who explained chapter was our best bet, since we qualified without my income, I would have gladly returned to work, but my line of work has cooled considerably since my departure.. We will be filing probably mid march, but I am concerned, almost all of the charges were small under 50 dollars, but they were mostly accrued since August, the only exciting thing we did was vegas in Sept, but a two night trip, so was reasonable. We just stopped making payments this month, as advised by our lawyer, but I am of course terrified of adversary proceedings.. the last 6 months have sort of been a rollercoaster, and now we just have to move on, otherwise we will always be looking back.. any advice or experience??

Were any gambling expenses part of the Vegas trip?

Comment

No, none at all.. just hotel, and food, minimal expenses otherwise..

Comment

I had thousands of cc bills in the year leading up to BK. Since I wasn't considered "insolvent" until 90 days before filing, I was okay.

Good thing on no gambling expenses.

Comment

Also, my sincere condolences on your losses.

Comment

Thank you, it has been a test of faith to say the least, but getting through it day by day.

Yeah, a lot of things have happened, my husband got a promotion in Sept, so we thought it would just be a few months, but with the market just hasnt turned around, Sort of out of options once you run out of savings... but hoping this will be over soon...

Thank you!

Comment

I believe AP's are very unlikely once the Debtor has made a considerable period of minimum payments. The Creditor thus has no solid ground to determine that the debt should be Nondischargeable.

Comment

Thank you for the response... Here is hoping you are right! I cant see what they could possibly say at this point, but its just been such a hard decision to make to begin with, I just hope it goes routinely and is over quickly.. just want to get back to living..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X