Ex-wife initiated AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nativesun19 View Post
    Well, as predicted, her attorney filed a motion objecting to dischargability of debts stating that there were false pretenses, false representation, and actual fraud. This is so crazy - she already filed this objection (informally) with the UST, who looked at the evidence and decided I did nothing wrong. Now, as expected, her attorney waited until the last day to object and filed the objection. Just more BS within the system.
    Sorry you are going thru this -- you and I need to stick together! Our creditor file for another time extension yesterday, on the last day again. This makes for 3 extensions and our attorney says the judge will likely grant it since it is "only" until June 30th.

I hope your debt gets discharged and she gets stuck with it. Is she filing bk too?

Comment

She isn't filing yet - I think she's going to wait to see if she can get me stuck with this debt first. However, from what I've read, she must prove that five different conditions are true. She's not even the creditor, she's just the co-debtor on this loan that allowed either one of us to sign the checks - so I don't see how she can claim that I acted fraudulently. I have provided about 300 pages worth of documentation to my attorney that proves that all of the money that was taken out after she left the house and moved in with her boyfriend was used to pay for marital bills (1st and 2nd mortgage, truck payment).

I hope yours begins to take a turn for the better. It is crazy how people can torture you through the court system!

Originally posted by AbbeyA View Post
      Sorry you are going thru this -- you and I need to stick together! Our creditor file for another time extension yesterday, on the last day again. This makes for 3 extensions and our attorney says the judge will likely grant it since it is "only" until June 30th.

I hope your debt gets discharged and she gets stuck with it. Is she filing bk too?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X