AP on assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP on assets

I been listed as creditor on ch7 by family member, the assets he listed it's way less what he claimed by thousands of dollars, can I file AP stating that there's more assets or is there any thing else I can do ?

Originally posted by HeritageMom View Post
    I been listed as creditor on ch7 by family member, the assets he listed it's way less what he claimed by thousands of dollars, can I file AP stating that there's more assets or is there any thing else I can do ?
    Way less assets than what he claimed, where?

Even assuming he has more assets than he stated in his bankruptcy schedules, and assuming you could prove it, would they be the type of assets he could exempt? It wouldn't profit you anything to find a bunch of assets that he could amend his schedules to list and then exempt them.

Also, unless you are the only creditor, the other creditors are going to share in the new-found assets too.

It would have to be a pretty good bit of money to make it at all worth your while.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Unless you are a creditor, you do not have standing to file an AP.

However, I suppose you could write a letter to the persons bankruptcy trustee.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X