Chances of AP on charges over a year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chances of AP on charges over a year old

Had some charges through paypal that are around a year old. These were several thousand each. I have paid on all cards more than the minimum payment up until I met with my lawyer the first time a few weeks ago and he told me to stop paying. I have not had any large and on some no charges since then. The last charge I had of any large amount was in Dec 2010 for $500 for blinds in my rental house. Lawyer is not concerned, largest balance on any card is 8k. Any thoughts?

If your charges are more than a year old, you probably don't have to worry about it. Any creditor can always file an AP, but the longer the time between the charges, and your filing date, the lesser the chances.

Good luck!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Relax, if you paid and the balances are that low you're very likely OK. I would not lose a second of sleep over it.

Comment

A non issue. Can an AP happen? Of course, I could sue you for spitting on the sidewalk. Does it mean I would win or is the cost worth it? NO, of course. Relax you have no problem till you have a problem. Don't invent one. LOL. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

You will be fine. I maxed out all my credit cards the month that I stopped paying on them. That was in October of 2008. I filed my BK a year ago and never heard a word from the CC banks. I had over $5,000 in credit with BestBuy, $3500 with CircuitCity, $3500 with Juniper and close to $10,000 in cards with HSBC and many more. All maxed as I mentioned above. It was over two years since I made the last payment on all of them and my BK filing date.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X