top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AP notice received today ... scared ... stressed ... long story thanks for helping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you again tobee43. I'm trying to relax as we speak...
    Happily accepting help and advice from any and all helpers

Comment

I don't remember exactly how our AP was presented to us, but I am pretty sure that it came in the mail. I will have to look through my paperwork.

I just PMd one of our attorney members who also is in Arizona. Hopefully you will get some insight a little later tonight.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you a bunch AngelinaCat!!

Comment

Ok, so the creditor opened an adversary proceeding, filed a complaint and requested that the summons be issued. So far, not a problem.

1. The Clerk of the Court will probably issue the Summons tomorrow.
          2. The creditor has 14 days from the issuance of the Summons to serve it and the Complaint by regular mail on you.
          3. If properly served you have 30 days from the date of the issuance of the Summons to file an Answer.

You need to get a copy of the Complaint. We need to know if the Complaint references 11 USC 523(a)(2), (a)(4) or (a)(6) (maybe one or more of them). And. . . stop thinking “criminal”. You are in a civil proceeding. Either you win or you lose or you settle. It is just money - yes I realize you don’t have any - but this is not a criminal matter.

As to the arbitration award, it has no real impact unless there were specific findings of fact and conclusions of law that rise to the level of one of the above listed 523 sections. I tend to doubt that it does but stranger things have happened.

Once you get a copy of the Complaint read it carefully and report back exactly what the creditor claims you did or did not do to justify not having this claim discharged.

As to hiring an attny. . . yes you need to speak to several. The problem is that you are dealing with a $16k issue. You do not want to go to trial as it will cost more than $16k in legal fees. You want to try to settle this.

I do not know how many posts you need to do before you can send private messages. Once you can, if you feel comfortable, PM me. I would like to know who the attny on the creditor’s side is. I may be able to tell you if you are dealing with a straight shooter or an ambulance chaser. - And, just so you know, I will not be able to guide you in defending this. I may be able to give you pointers but, since I practice in Arizona, I cannot really get involved.

Des.

Comment

I really appreciate the reply!! I love Arizona...lol. I'll try and PM you now. Thank you again.

Comment

Yeah, no go on the PM. I can say that their attorney ALWAYS waits the longest he can to file anything, I'm assuming it's to maximize his fees. Once I get the copy of the complaint, I will post most of it here.

At this point, has a judge even seen the complaint? Is this something that a judge can look at without our input and see if it stands? Or are we basically going back to court now?

Talk about stress...ugh

Comment

Originally posted by scbendel View Post
                I really appreciate the reply!! I love Arizona...lol. I'll try and PM you now. Thank you again.
                you could not be in better hands! des is absolutely the BEST! i'm so happy he responded (i'm certain ms cat reached out as well)

we have such great people on this site!
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Yeah, no go on the PM. I can say that their attorney ALWAYS waits the longest he can to file anything, I'm assuming it's to maximize his fees. Once I get the copy of the complaint, I will post most of it here.

At this point, has a judge even seen the complaint? Is this something that a judge can look at without our input and see if it stands? Or are we basically going back to court now?

Talk about stress...ugh
                  wow you have 12 posts, what does it take nowadays to be able to PM's???? keep posting until you hit the "magic" number but lets find out what that number is...maybe lady or ms cat is about and can let you know.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You don't have enough posts yet. You are blocked right now from sending or receiving PMs. I cannot tell you what the magic number is on the public side, and I can't PM you either. The Admin of the site had to install those restrictions a year ago when the forum was being hit by spambots and other vermin.

Comment

Yeah, no go on the PM. Talk about stress...ugh
                      Scbendel, I can look into your profile, and get the email edress that you used to sign up. If you are comfortable with the idea of us emailing each other, I can send the name to Des via PM.

Comment

The answer is "no". The Judge does not get involved until a responsive pleading (usually the Answer) is filed. Depending upon which Judge, he/she will either set an initial status/scheduling conference or have the Plaintiff obtain a date for the conference and notify the Defendant.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                          You don't have enough posts yet. You are blocked right now from sending or receiving PMs. I cannot tell you what the magic number is on the public side, and I can't PM you either. The Admin of the site had to install those restrictions a year ago when the forum was being hit by spambots and other vermin.
                          Cat, that'd be okay with me. I'd like as many pointers as I can get. Thank you!

Comment

This site certainly has been a great help thus far!! I sincerely appreciate it!!

Comment

Cat, that'd be okay with me. I'd like as many pointers as I can get. Thank you!
                              I just sent you an email via my Hotmail edress that I use for this site. Please check your messages, and make sure that you check the spam filter.

Comment

I got it, thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X