Well it's a wrap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's a wrap!!!

Hi folks! 5 years ago yesterday we filed chapter 13 bankruptcy and today I mailed off our 60th and last payment!!! I already feel such a huge weight off our shoulders.

I swear it's not easy, especially with a payment like ours (1500 for 4 years then 2000 for the last year), but we were able to go on vacation a couple times a year, even if it was somewhere close. I had a baby during it, and was able to save enough to take extra time off with my baby. Not to mention my now 13 year old son with all his activities, Christmases, birthdays etc.

I'm looking forward to discharge and our fresh start.

Ours included a strip of the second mortgage and they didn't even file a claim so I'm hoping they don't give us a hard time. Also we're having Baby #3 in August!!!
    Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Congratulations on a Chapter 13 discharge, a new baby, and a new life! A Chapter 13 is certainly not a walk in the park, but you seemed to have learned to budget and work within the parameters of your Plan.

Now... time to start thinking about names for Baby #3!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful way to start your week. You are a great example to all of us in 13!!!

Enjoy your new life....and your new speding money
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congratulations, lolly78! I know how great it feels to send off that last payment.
        Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 02-29-2016, 01:54 PM.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks everyone!!
          Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have two wonderful achievements to celebrate--your new baby, and a successful conclusion to a CH13. Here's a little something for you:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

So cool! My best to you and your family!!! Woo hoo!!!
              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have two wonderful achievements to celebrate--your new baby, and a successful conclusion to a CH13. Here's a little something for you:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't know what is going on with the site, but you should see a lot of dancing emoticons, and none are there. Sorry.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X