Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Close...

My 13 is about to end..!
    NDC says "About to Close". I only owe another $1850 to my secured. The money for May payment is already in Trustees website for $1215, so I know I will have two more pay checks with money coming out at a minimum.
    NDC says Base Plan $0.00
    And to Unsecured $0.00
    Car is paid for now.
    My question is will I get the title to my car from the bank now or will they wait until BK is discharged? Also, after 5 years, I've never asked this..what exactly does it mean when it says Base Plan $0 and Unsecured $0 ?
    We were paying taxes, car and mortgage arrears and two secured creditors.

Thanks in Advance for your answers!

I never really trusted NDC (National Data Center for those of you who are wondering) for anything other than a "general" view of what is going on. In fact, there are many Trustees that use other systems to really manage the Chapter 13 (such as TrustWin). (All Trustees are required to use the NDC, but they don't all keep it 100% up to date.)

I'll give you a perfect example of this. My Trustee used TrustWin. In TrustWin there is no unsecured percentage although my unsecured percentage was 0.02%. On the NDC website, my percentage to unsecured creditors was listed as 100%.

I don't think the percentage to creditors really matters. What matters is your Plan Base and even your Plan Base appears to be wrong. The Plan Base should be the expected total of all payments in the Plan. So if you were to pay $1,000 a month for 60 months, the plan base should be $60,000.

Congratulations to getting ready to close!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats! Our status was just changed to about to close as well. Good question about your car. We had both my car and my husbands in our 13 case. Mine was paid off almost a year ago to Wells Fargo and we received the title within a couple months. My husbands was paid off in February to a local credit union but we still haven't seen the title. I think it depends on the institution.

Comment

Well....

My May payment haven't posted yet. My status still states that it is active. I only owe $2265 on my base and for about the last two years the trustee has been using to pay unsecureds. From what it looks like to me they are going to be paid about 30%.
        Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

Just looked this morning and May payment posted. I owe $682 total. My employer won't send in my May deduction of $1215 until 5/27, so there will be a surplus once Trustee makes June payment, unless he decides to divvy it up between all the unsecureds...about $36 each!!!😄 Does anyone know how quickly they send the stop wage deduction order? Do they wait until that last balance is paid off or do they anticipate that after the May payment I'll be done? Would be nice to get a whole paycheck in June but I figure it will be July...

Comment

I had issues with my stop notice. They never sent one and when I called the Trustee, they informed me that it was my "attorney's" duty to file a Motion to Vacate the Wage Deduction Order. Since I was self-represented, that means that I had to do it. So, my wages were deducted for 2 additional months to the tune of over $14,000. I was refunded, but it was a pain in the neck.

If I were you, I'd contact my attorney to determine who is responsible for vacating the wage deduction order. In some Districts it is the Trustee, but in others it is the responsibility of the debtor/debtor's attorney.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by mdl View Post
              Just looked this morning and May payment posted. I owe $682 total. My employer won't send in my May deduction of $1215 until 5/27, so there will be a surplus once Trustee makes June payment, unless he decides to divvy it up between all the unsecureds...about $36 each!!!😄
              If you did not pay 100% to unsecured creditors, don't count on getting anything back unless you made more than your required 36 or 60 months in payments.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Talked to Atty today. Total balance due is $714.,when trustee gets the $1215 payment end of the month, Atty says wage order should be sent and hopefully none will come out in June. If it does it will be completely refunded...

Comment

My status has changed to about to close as well. Two more months and it is all done.
                  Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X